MJS - FZ6R Full Exhaust System

Malicioso

Hey Guys

Well I've owned my 6R for just over 4 months, and since day one the first thing I disliked was how quiet the exhaust note on the bike is. I started doing loads and loads of research on the various exhaust systems available and quickly noted how expansive they are. Specially here in Australia where just about nothing is available for this bike.

Anyway I was surfing the net late last night, and I came across this system from MJS: FZ6R XJ6 2009-2014 Full System Stainless Race Exhaust

Now my question is, are MJS any good and has anyone on here got their system fitted to their bike???

What I like about this system is that the can looks nice and compact, the angle on which it is fitted looks vevy smart and chic, also for the price i would be saving some coin, even with shipping to Aus opposed to TB or M4 sysrtems.

Would really love to see a vid of this fitted on an FZ6R :)

Cheers;

Walter

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member
Hey Guys

Well I've owned my 6R for just over 4 months, and since day one the first thing I disliked was how quiet the exhaust note on the bike is. I started doing loads and loads of research on the various exhaust systems available and quickly noted how expansive they are. Specially here in Australia where just about nothing is available for this bike.

Anyway I was surfing the net late last night, and I came across this system from MJS: FZ6R XJ6 2009-2014 Full System Stainless Race Exhaust

Now my question is, are MJS any good and has anyone on here got their system fitted to their bike???

What I like about this system is that the can looks nice and compact, the angle on which it is fitted looks vevy smart and chic, also for the price i would be saving some coin, even with shipping to Aus opposed to TB or M4 sysrtems.

Would really love to see a vid of this fitted on an FZ6R :)

Cheers;

Walter
I concur, very nice set up (especially for the price). I was looking at this set up though. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HkCMGo89RQ]Yamaha XJ6 - Ixil Hyperlow XL ohne DBKiller - YouTube[/ame]

Also, the same response from my thread is to ask Marthy about getting an exhaust done by him using your stock headers and a similar if not exact slip on muffler. He charges around that same amount as long as you send him your stock exhaust.

Malicioso

Any website that uses a cell phone as a contact number and no physical address I get suspicious of. Partly why I haven't bought levers yet.

You should talk to Marthy about exhaust.
Fair point...

Tho it states that international buyers must pay via PayPal, which offers protection on transactions made.

Re: Marthy system, I did get in touch with him and it is a good deal, but I'd still have to find someone to weld it all up for me, I'd get it done at work but it is super difficult to find a time slot to get it in. At least with this full system it's just a bolt on affair...

Y

yellowfz

Buy you a R6 exhaust off Ebay, bend it a little, slip on whatever tip you want.
Or cut off the stock can at the 4 into 1, weld a 3 1/2 to 2 inch reducer, a short piece of 2" straight and slip on whatever can you like.
Way less expensive and a feeling of "modding to the max" after you have done it. Making it your own! :D
Trust me, some pipes on here are not even flow tested. :D

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member