Maybe I should change my mind on SOUND?!

tractorboy

In general was not a big fan of "loud pipes saves lives" and all that. I also LIKED that our bikes are quiet and "stealthy" but....maybe A LITTLE sound is Good. and I mean a little. Not ear peircing v twin loud but.....

Had a chance to FINALLY ride with someone else this year. My brother and his ducati. A bit louder and throatier but not too bad. It was amazing how many LESS times I had people ride us close, pull out in front, tailgate, and just plain noticed us / did swerve/merge into our lane while we were STILL THERE.

I finally noticed too that if it look like someone might not be seeing him he'd pull in clutch a bit and Rev her to make a little sound saying..hey, Im here! dont forget. That seemed much more rec'd that a few times I hit my horn..and then subsequently got flipped off LIKE I was an A-hole......Hmmmm

maybe I should do a little something. Thoughts fellow fizzers?

MikeN02

I'm a fan of it just because it sounds sexy! I wouldn't be a jerk reving it in lower gears. Just be nice to be noticed by other sport bikes when I wave...

pyrocpu

I'm just torn on essentially an $800 horn!!

joloy133

After buying the bike, honestly, the sound was a disappointment. Thats the first mod I did within 2 weeks of ownership. The sound makes a difference on many levels.........I didn't need a rational reason, the emotional one was enough!

tractorboy

True guys and gals...I would like a little sound..atleast the kid in me does. What mods did you guys do, other than NEW exhausts. have the mods to the existing exhaust/ie cut outs work well over the long term now thats its been almost a year.

What did you do Joloy133 to get a "bit out of her"? (nevermind....I search it...duh-NICE MOd and NICE SOUND its PERRRRFect)

I need to go back and read the mods I guess on what other have done for something a little more "commanding" of respect.

Tractor

Last edited:

PuRpl3_Dr4nK

Dude if you got the money get an aftermarket exhaust. I have a Two Bros and it sounds sooooo good. I have a buddy who has a CBR1000 and he said it sounds better than his, granted his is stock but you will not be disappointed with what you pay for. I get head turns every time I'm out and I don't know whether if it's due to the sound or the hotness or my white/black combo lol, but people look.

Last edited:

Heineken

Elite Member

joloy133

True guys and gals...I would like a little sound..atleast the kid in me does. What mods did you guys do, other than NEW exhausts. have the mods to the existing exhaust/ie cut outs work well over the long term now thats its been almost a year.

What did you do Joloy133 to get a "bit out of her"? (nevermind....I search it...duh-NICE MOd and NICE SOUND its PERRRRFect)

I need to go back and read the mods I guess on what other have done for something a little more "commanding" of respect.

Tractor
I've heard the 2br exhaust next to mine, (I rode with arcflash). It is louder and deeper in tone, looks good. Had some backfire pops but nothing major. I am currently really impressed with the suspension upgrade, possibly the best I've done of all! You don't "see" the improved handling but............ if/when you go hard into a turn the stiffer spring rate feels so much better.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Heineken

Elite Member

fz6rwolf

Different type bikes I like different sound. Cruisers I like the sound loud, sportbikes I don't like the sound when it's loud. Last bike, vtx1300 I put cobra lowboy staggereds straight piped and loved the sound. This bike I like the stock exhaust sound.

pilninggas

get a harley . i love how quiet mine is
in all of my years of riding, i felt like this. However the xj6/fz6r is almost too quiet. I was riding down a residential street where i live (as many of you will know they are a lot narrower here in the UK), at a about 25mph and an old boy stepped out right in front of me, because he didn't hear me coming and thought the road was empty. Nearly binned the bike avoiding him.

My plan is to get a set of headers and silencer for an 03 R6, when i have a bit of spare cash!

joloy133

That exhaust note is music to my ears, I like to hear that engine. Ultimately, look at the bike, who are you as a rider?.............Some like to rock! Some like classical! Then there are those in between, lol. (Maybe thats a new thread, do you rock.......heavy metal,or pop......or..........?:D)

Craxican

well...personally i do like some sound with my exhaust (i do not want my motorcycle to get mistaken for a lawn mower...or a jet engine)...but to be honest...if you clutch, rev, drop, and engage...i find that this gets pretty loud if you r just trying to be seen...

fz6rwolf

That exhaust note is music to my ears, I like to hear that engine. Ultimately, look at the bike, who are you as a rider?.............Some like to rock! Some like classical! Then there are those in between, lol. (Maybe thats a new thread, do you rock.......heavy metal,or pop......or..........?:D)
I lean toward metal, mostly older like Judas Priest, Blue Oyster Cult and Metallica but like Edwin McCain and Fiona Apple with some 90's Soundgarden and Alice in Chains along with red Hot Chili Peppers and Audioslave and Nickleback mixed in.