Manual

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
That is the Owner's Manual. Most people are asking for the Service/Shop Manual.

Spunky99

I got bored at work so I created a maintenance record for the FZ6R.
Feel free to use, modify or whatever you want to do with it, just don't sell it.
Not that anyone would pay you anything for it
:rolleyes:

Looks like attachments is not working so I'll get it hosted after work...Just about everything is blocked at work..:mad:

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Per site rules... Please do not post the service manual (or any other copyrighted materials) nor link to any location, nor PM these locations to any member of the forum.

Admin is responsible for this site and the distribution of copyrighted material through the use of this forum is strictly forbidden and will result in an immediate BAN for the member who does so.

Thanks for your understanding! I'm sorry if this is harsh but given the legal issues it can cause for the site and the owner, it HAS to be harsh. ;)

Linking to the owners manual is fine as that IS free.

Spunky99

Per site rules... Please do not post the service manual (or any other copyrighted materials) nor link to any location, nor PM these locations to any member of the forum.

Admin is responsible for this site and the distribution of copyrighted material through the use of this forum is strictly forbidden and will result in an immediate BAN for the member who does so.

Thanks for your understanding! I'm sorry if this is harsh but given the legal issues it can cause for the site and the owner, it HAS to be harsh. ;)

Linking to the owners manual is fine as that IS free.
Er ah.....was that directed at me?

If you READ my post, I CREATED the Excel spreadsheet......
If y'all don't want a free non-copyrighted maintenance record, that's OK with me...I made it for myself but was in the mood to share.

That's OK...be harsh....

Last edited:

gearhead

Spunky,
If I may comment on this topic, we (as a forum) went through this issue last year when a member posted the actual Yamaha Service Manual ($90 value) for free- plus the cost of copying it and postage if you wanted a hard copy. The copyright laws have a definite problem with that one. Best not to initiate anything on this site. If you really want to do something illegal, take it off this site and don't involve the rest of us... unlesss it's really fun and lucrative, then I'm interested.
:eek:)

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Er ah.....was that directed at me?

If you READ my post, I CREATED the Excel spreadsheet......
If y'all don't want a free non-copyrighted maintenance record, that's OK with me...I made it for myself but was in the mood to share.

That's OK...be harsh....
Unless you have a guilty conscience? :rolleyes:

Read my post and tell me HOW that is directed at your self created service record? :confused:

It is directed at every member who reads this forum and a reiteration of the very rules everyone agreed to when they signed up and clicked the "Accept"

There is no need to take what I posted personally. It is something we have all already agreed to and once in a while, needs to be brought to attention because 90+% of the people who sign up do not take the time to read the rules of the forum. Otherwise, we'd not have the issue that did crop up as mentioned earlier. :D

Spunky99

Spunky,
If I may comment on this topic, we (as a forum) went through this issue last year when a member posted the actual Yamaha Service Manual ($90 value) for free- plus the cost of copying it and postage if you wanted a hard copy. The copyright laws have a definite problem with that one. Best not to initiate anything on this site. If you really want to do something illegal, take it off this site and don't involve the rest of us... unlesss it's really fun and lucrative, then I'm interested.
:eek:)
What on God's green Earth are you people reading into my post?
Are you seeing something that is just not there?
The post was not about any manual.
I do not do anything illegal so please don't prejudge me.

If I CREATE an Excel spreadsheet, it is MY intellectual property to do what I want with.
I did NOT say I was posting any MANUAL.....just an electronic spreadsheet version of a maintenance record.

Last time I offer anything.

Peace out and Goodbye....

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
What on God's green Earth are you people reading into my post?
I'm not reading anything into your post and even clarified that above. The issue you are having is what YOU read into MY post thinking I was replying to your free offer. That wasn't and isn't the case.

I posted the above message to quell ANY possible link to copyrighted material and in no way, shape or form, did I say you offered us a copyrighted piece. My apologies if you mistakenly thought it was directed at you at all. I KNOW what you offered is your own work and there isn't a problem with it.

Please don't read anything personal into my post as well.

Spunky99

Roger that FZ1inNH:)

bobski

looking for 2009 FZ6R Owner Manual

I bought my 2009 FZ6R used and the previous owner had misplaced the manual, so I need one. If for some reason someone has one they don't need any more I'd be really please to take it off your hands for a small cost and postage.