Man Hole Cover

nlpyle

OK, so I hope someone who knows or may even works for a city can answer my question. In the first half mile of road from my apartment there is 13 man hole covers in one lane, It is a two land residential road. This just seems over kill. Is there something special that you need a hole ever 20 feet or so? Just been curious for a while.

Spunky99

Mebee it's fer fetching a really big gator from the sewer pipe?:iconbeer:

MikeN02

OK, so I hope someone who knows or may even works for a city can answer my question. In the first half mile of road from my apartment there is 13 man hole covers in one lane, It is a two land residential road. This just seems over kill. Is there something special that you need a hole ever 20 feet or so? Just been curious for a while.
Same thing for me. The road their redoing is a 2 lane and the inner most lane near the median has A lot of man holes. I mean like one every 6 seconds... + little man holes that look like hose covers and they stick/hump out the ground more than usual.

Sucks driving on that road at night.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Over-sized game of hopscotch.... :don'tknow:

bmw675

every time there is a "T", "Y", or a bend in a sewer line they have a manhole.
this is to allow cleaning, inspections. ect.
i bet almost everywhere there is a manhole, its either near an intersection, or the backyard property lines where they "T" into the line on the road.

FZ6R-Billy

They could be for different uses such as Telephone, power, stormwater removal, or sewer. These normally do not share the same duct runs or manholes.

gearhead

Women have holes too- or at least access to these same holes, that's why these are now called "person-holes". Sheesh, be politically correct.

Well, I guess stating women have holes too doesn't sound PC either...
Nor does stating they have access to the same holes...

I'll just stop now.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Spunky99

Hmmm...I think they are still called manhole covers.....

I use dykes to cut wire, not wire cutters.