Made custom exhaust

Smoon22

I have been looking for a long time pricing two brothers exhaust. A few weeks ago i stumbled across a Two Brothers Racing slip on exhaust on Craigs list. Even though it was meant for a Kawasaki ZX6R (ninja) i bought it, the ninja slip on is roughly 6 in longer than the Two Brothers Racing slip on exhaust meant for the FZ6R. So now comes the custom work part, i started by removing my stock exhaust/muffler setup from my bike. i used a jigsaw with metal cutting blades to cut off the stock muffler, right in front of the section where it goes from 4 pipes to the 2-1 for the muffler. Now i decided to make a chamber box instead of a 4-2-1 set up. My chamber box takes the 4 pipes inlet and goes strait to a one pipe outlet. Once my box was made i mounted the header back up to the bike made a small mounting bracket for the can, mounting it to the stock location right side mount, slipped the chamber box onto my 4 pipe inlet and joined the can to the outlet hole and tacked it all in place on bike. I pulled off the whole set up and finished my welds up, then with hi-temp exhaust paint, flatt black, painted the chamber box and a section up the header. Reinstalled the finished exhaust and fired up my bike. Right away the roar from my bike was deeper than my friends, who also rides a FZ6R with a full Two Brothers Racing 4-2-1 set up on it. When you get on the throttle there is a very distinct metallic ping to it but it sounds amazing.

Attachments

roadrat

Cool. Keep us posted on how it's working for you!

6R Blackout

That's a very very innovative muffler, I work as a welder and I wish I would have come up with that before I spent the money on my 2Bros full system. Do you have any pops or popping on deceleration? Try to make a video and post it up on You Tube, would love to hear what it sounds like. Nice job man! Keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

FZ6R_Mike

Very nice job! Definately wanna hear what that sounds like. I used r6 headers and a LAC shorty exhaust on mine

Smoon22

No popping on deceleration, but I'm in Alaska right now still waiting for good road conditions to go for a ride. When I built the exhaust I also installed a two bros juice box. Will take a sound vid when I can.

Spunky99

Block off the air injectors....no popping....

Chucker

Nice job. I've been toying with doing something similar, but I was thinking about bringing the pipe out from underneath with a bend and then attaching the can up the side under the passenger peg.

I like that collector in Marthy's link. That would make it much easier.

Smoon22

hey guys i took a little sound clip of the exhaust [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4039tb8-K4&context=C42531c1ADvjVQa1PpcFNlrpIY7eY0a4B2b6UsCzN3qzIJqDRuaPI=]fz6r exhaust.MOV - YouTube[/ame]

FZ6R_Mike

Sounds very nice! Clean install too.

6R Blackout

Sounds really good, great job man!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

Kdubb223

Sounds nice man!

How's ol Squarebanks treating ya? Sick of airport way and family diner yet? Bull riding at KJ's?