M4 Exhaust???

ecunni04

I have been looking at some different exhausts and came across the m4 full system. It says the kt come with an o2 bung. My question is, if I use the plug, I would need the power commander, right? If I don't use the plug and just go with the stock sensor setup, do I still need the power commander? I've searched for this topic and could not find any results. Thanks in advance for any advice or answers.

CDN6R

Being that you live in NYC (USA) the North American FZ6R's have no sensor in the exhaust,,, just the European/Aus models do. Since the M-4 exhaust is made to fit all FZ6R's and Xj6"s (Europe) they have a hole for the sensor that our bikes do not have. Like you said plug up the hole in the M-4 pipe,and yes for the bike to operate properly you will still need a fuel managment system ,either PCV or Juice Box/Juice Box Pro.

See red

I like the m4 as well, I was thinking of getting one, I won't do it unless I can get much better fuel economy though. All I ever seem to find is that you loose economy with the juice box.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

CDN6R

I like the m4 as well, I was thinking of getting one, I won't do it unless I can get much better fuel economy though. All I ever seem to find is that you loose economy with the juice box.
Not only with juice Box but PCV as well. Really it all depends on how you ride the bike. You can get rotten milage if you drive a stock bike hard (pinn the throttle every chance you get,keep it revin in low gears ETC) Most people get a aftermarket pipe for 2 things,,1- to be heard and 2- for better performance.. Since the J.B. pro and the PCV can both accept different fuel maps,different maps will enable to stock engine to operate either the best Horse Power avaliable (fuel milage loss) or a compromise between power and milage that is adjustable by what ever map you install. If you have a aftermarket exhaust and a programable fuel management system you CAN still get good gas milage if you ride the bike easy,short shift,and install a touring fuel map.

See red

I would like to see about getting 50+ mpg.... Sorry for the jack.

I do like the sound of th pipe though, and the fact that the nobody seems to be running it. I don't like going with the crowd. lol.

CDN6R

Hey Red,, I know just what you mean. Someday I will replace the stock exhaust on my 6R and I see alot of members with T.B. pipes on their bike but this is the one that I may get someday.

adam_fozz

Xj6n M4 Exhaust...

Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone has an M4 exhaust on their UK XJ6? I just want to know if a powercommander is required to run it as somebody is offering one to my and I thought it might be a good buy. Im not really interested if it wont run right out of the box as I cant afford a dyno session right now.

Thanks In Advance
Adam_Fozz

Bruno

Hello there,

Since i'm from Brazil and our bikes do have o2 sensor and i have only found exhaust systems for FZ6R. My question is: Does a R6 exhaust fit the XJ6? For example, i've found on ebay a R6 two brothers exhaust that has the o2 sensor conection, do think it would fit? I've also passed by a yoshimura R6 exhaust on this site:

YOSHIMURA TRC FULL SYSTEM EXHAUST - STAINLESS STEEL | MotoSport

What do you guys think? I dont import, i will end up buying this one in Brazil:

Coyote TRS FULL 250mm Alumínio - XJ6 - Roncar Escapamentos

JSP

Super Moderator
Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone has an M4 exhaust on their UK XJ6? I just want to know if a powercommander is required to run it as somebody is offering one to my and I thought it might be a good buy. Im not really interested if it wont run right out of the box as I cant afford a dyno session right now.

Thanks In Advance
Adam_Fozz
If you want it to run right, and not do damage, yes. You should have a fuel controller anytime you replace the full system.

z-rex

can the M4 exhaust accommodate a center stand on the FZ6R cause im looking at buying the leo vince exhaust but might swing by this option(M4) if i can fit it in my bike cause i just recently installed a center stand.
i read somewhere on this thread that i cant use the center stand if a get a Twin Bro exhaust.
and how much is the M4???