Lowering front end for more aggresive look?

Thanks for that! Will do :)

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Ricenoodle

interesting, i want to do this but so much pros and cons, i'm not sure, i'd like to it to turn in quicker but i don't know if it's worth the hassle or danger. Does this have to be done with fairings off?

abyss1406

you dont have to take off the fairings, just to two top covers to get to the lower triple tree bolts. and you have to adjust your head light up like 10 whole turns or something to that effect

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

BradSPE

I agree with Scott. I have the Clip-ons and the bike lowered to 1.75" to get it work. 1.5" didn't really work due to a slight up slope on the medial side of the triple tree when lowering necessitating a need to get that last quarter inch. You will know what I mean if you go look at the bike. That being said. Mine is stable at high speeds and in corners. I will say that it definitely dives into turns more aggressively but I feel as though I lost some stability in turns only. Maybe that is just me getting used to the new feel of the bike.

I bought the lowering link and kick stand from roaring toyz and will be installing that. I will let you know how it affects the bike following.

Lilday

I've lowered mine 10mm to give the throttle cable some slack (it was a little tight with the new bars).

I wouldn't lower it any more.

Even with the stock height I dinged the exhaust headers whilst bumping down from a sidewalk.

Of course - our bikes aren't meant to bump down sidewalks, but I do that pretty often when parking around university/in the city.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Ricenoodle

I tried very hard to make mine at EXACTLY the same drop. If it's off at all, it's by less than 1mm.

Btw, with the stock kickstand, sometimes I worry it's gonna tip over, especially with certain surfaces and angles. Gotta get a new stand if you lower.
This is needed with even just the front lowered?