Lowering front end for more aggresive look?

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

xChapterxFourx

Yes, I'm bringing this back. :thumbup:

Long story short, I'm in the market for some clip-ons. Obviously the easier/less expensive route would be to go with the Woodcraft clip-ons, but I'm a bit hesitant after reading through this thread and even having a few people say it's somewhat shaky.

I've looked at the Convertibars...the idea around them is nice, but I couldn't find a single thread anywhere where somebody had them installed on a FZ6R.

Back to the Woodcrafts...my two main concerns are bottoming out and stability issues. My main goal was to get somewhat of a Super Sport feel without having to take a loss on my FZ6R and get a R6. I've read in this thread "high speeds" more than enough, but can anybody put an actual NUMBER on that? 90+? 100+?

Any input is appreciated!

abyss1406

dont go more than 2 inchs, and the risers on the new clip ons have be 3 inchs at least

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

xChapterxFourx

Mine are 1.5" woodcrafts. OP - No bottoming out or head shake. Have been over legal speeds :) with no problems. Trick is to make sure each fork is lowered exactly the same. Don't settle for less than perfection for this or you'll have problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Thanks for the input. :thumbup:

Also, what year model ZX6R mirrors do you have on your bike? Are they OEM or aftermarket? The rabbit ears are getting to be a bit much for me lately...

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

YamaDon

Had a 1981 Yamaha Seca 550 and decided to lower the front end to quicken the steering. Started of with 10mm, and made the bike VERY unstable. Every bump in the road made the front end shake. Backed it down to 8mm and all was fine. Quicker steering and no stability issues. These bikes are fine tuned by the factory to perform a certain way, and modifying them should be done carefully. Also, if you want to control front-end dive and get a little more feel in the front you can simply drain the fork oil and refill with a heavier weight fluid. I think the 6R comes with 20W, so changing to 30W should show some noticeable improvement. It did with the 550.

Last edited: