Low Budget Helmets

I only have been riding for 4 years just want some thoughts on low budget helmets. I'm not wealthy with a wife and 3 kids and 1 in college. My bike is just my once in awhile ride toy. I usually just ride with a helmet and gloves here in Florida. I have 3 helmets, 2 Hawk and 1 THH. The hawks were $50.00 and $90.00 and the THH was $90.00. The Hawks are DOT certified and the THH is DOT and Snell certified. Do you think these helmets are cheap garbage or good enough to protect my head during a crash. I can't see myself spending $1,000 to $5,000 for a helmet. One crash and it's gone. In Florida most riders don't even wear a helmet so I'm thinking these are better then nothing. What's your thoughts on low budget helmets?

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I ride scorpion helmets. Pop up for $100 lots of times.

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

EsrTek

also weight is a big factor in the higher tier helmets, the budget helmets are ok if your really pressed for cash. However, a decent older, still in good shape, upper tier helmet would be better.

24KMACH

Remember they are only good for five years. At last months swap meet I saw a top of the line Simson for $30. :D

06330i

I use to use afx helmets before I starting buying shoei. I will say instead of buying a handful of cheap helmets why not save the $ and invest in a good one..

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

you can even get the highly acclaimed k3 under $200

AGV K3 Helmets from Sportbiketrackgear.com

Tons of scorpion helmets super cheap:

Scorpion Closeout Helmets | SportbikeTrackGear.com

all bell aarow helms:

Bell Arrow Helmets | SportbikeTrackGear.com

Just look around and start protecting your lid properly. An improper fit helmet will cause a lot of harm over the benefit in an accident in some cases. Take the time to understand the right size and fit for YOUR head.....but no matter what, always wear a helmet.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member