Looking For My First Starter Bike

chaddlee1978

Have been interested in riding sport bikes. I have ridden dirt bikes and like it very much. I am leaning on the yamaha fz6r or the fz6s(r6s). Not sure right now which one would fit me better. Decided to join so maybe I can learn a lot on this bike. Thanks

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

Welcome and hope you decide on the right bike! :)

CDN6R

I have had my bike licence since I was 21,,I am now 54. I have had many bikes in my past the most being Super Sport machines. I find the FZ6R to be one of the most comphy bikes I have ever ridden and to have the most usable streetable power out there. Sure it does not have the top end pull of say a R6 or a CBR 600 RR but it will still get up to 130 MPH and mine gets me over 70 MPG if I go easy on the throttle and just cruise.:thumbup:

sammy56

True all of that....but......tough to be easy on the throttle to just cruise, way too much fun for that :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Cheers and happy riding, you will love this bike!! :iconbeer::iconbeer:

LB

be careful, its alot faster than my first bike! my first bike was an 82 xs 400 lol. i got it for free so couldnt say no and it did get me hooked on bikes. but omg, i think my 1995 blazer with a 4.3 was faster... i dont think youd regret this bike. its sharp looking, apparently is pretty snappy. lots of vids of people running 12 to 12.5 in the quarter mile, their comfortable, affordable, and a rich after market support. what else could you want in a bike?

Rookasaki

Welcome. The FZ6R is a great bike for the right beginner. What I mean by that is there are a lot of different levels of beginner. I know of some beginner riders who should not be on anything with more power than a Ninja 250. However there are some (I was lucky enough to be one) who have enough bike control and throttle control, that this bike is just right. More power than you're going to need for a long time (i.e. you won't get bored in a month) yet not so much that you're going to struggle controlling the bike. Especially if you have some experience riding in the dirt. Plus the riding position makes it very easy to learn to ride a sport bike properly without the crazy uncomfortable ergo's that a super sport has.
Well put sir. :)

husker525

The FZ6R is not the fastest bike on the planet in stock trim, but it a well rounded machine. It handles well, is quick, and is comfortable for relatively long rides. With a top speed of around 130 mph, it makes an excellent play bike and commuter, and if you need to go faster than 130 mph, then step up to a supersport bike. My bike sees 99% of it's time on public roadways, so I don't need to go faster than 130. For the price, it is an excellent choice.