Looking for Moderators

arkkornkid

yeah, well I went with no email :D

just that this'll help with quick referencing older info., which is at least part of BWJ's issue

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
It's all about using the features built into the site. :thumbup:

Mine, too, is setup for instant subscribe and email notification when new posts are made. I had it that way before becoming a super moderator and then an admin. It really makes finding things easy! :steve:

JSP

Super Moderator
Or you can click on "home" in the top left corner. That will show you all the online users in the box on the left. Just click on your own name and then statistics. You can see all your posts or threads you have created.

arkkornkid

:thumbup:

I've just been spoiled in the past is all..... Hitting one button to have a list of all threads I've posted in.

But ya'll are right, there are other ways to get that info. I've just been too ignorant or lazy to figure it out :D

Thanks again for the tips.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
And another way...

At the top of the page is the "Quick Links" under your username. If you click on it, it drops down a menu and you can click on "Subscribed Threads" and it takes you to the threads you have posted in.

:thumbup:

arkkornkid

hey 99, I saw in the chat thing where you weren't familiar with shoutbox: Memphis Racing

this is a local forum that uses it.... it's like a built-in constant running chat that's at the top of the forums section

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
hey 99, I saw in the chat thing where you weren't familiar with shoutbox: Memphis Racing

this is a local forum that uses it.... it's like a built-in constant running chat that's at the top of the forums section
Ok, it won't let me see anything without logging in, but I have seen something similar on another forum (though i can't remember which one now). It allows anyone to just post whatever at any time. But if you are trying to contact someone that is online at the time, is there a way to send them a message, or do you just post in the shoutbox and hope they see it?

arkkornkid

I don't use it much, just glance to see what's posted

from what I can tell, it's a free range thing. You post whatever for the world to see and it stays visible for a certain length of time, something like 24/48 hours and then it drops off. Not like a real chat room where you invite someone/a group to a private session.

I think the appeal is that it's real-time and you don't post/reply/post/reply in a thread. Other places I go just do a daily workchat thread in a general area: just to talk about anything without threadjacking.... and to not do any actual work.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I gotcha.