Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Idiosynocracy

Have they been working properly since you got them installed? Mine kept blowing the fuse and I took out the LED strips. Kept drawing too much power.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Idiosynocracy

Yeah, mine work fine. They have a very low amp draw, but are super bright (9 bulbs).

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Maybe I'll order these then. I was refunded my money for the other ones. They sent me a bad strip. These ones look like they do the job well, but I'll be keeping the amber for traditional turn signal usage. Thanks scott!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

BoneJj

I might have to put a separate controller on my bike for single color LEDs and have a set of Ambers on the bike in that position like you are doing with yours. I could easily make a set of high output superflux LEDs fit right in the sides of my air box and aim them forward. Running those at 50mA should make for a hell of a bright marker light.

I think I might have to do this instead of what I was originally planning on doing. But I want to make them run off a PWM that has a flicker to it so that they are more visible...

The things tooling around in my brain right now.... makes it hurt....

Finals start tomorrow, I need to stop thinking about side projects and get back to studying chemistry....

bloodypulp

You would be surprised at the strength of that mounting tape. Not sure if they use it on those strips, but the 3M outdoor mounting tape is rated to hold 5 lbs. It is really good stuff. Since those LEDs are so light, I am sure that it would be fine.
that tape is awesome. I used it to mount my ground effects kit on my truck 5 yrs. ago and its still holding strong.:smoking:

bloodypulp

Got them from here White 9 LED Strip Motorcycle Car Boat Home Ultra Bright Pod Light 12V Waterproof | eBay If you order them make sure to change your quantity since the price is only for one. The shop that inspected my bike wouldn't pass it without modifying the flushies to point out more or add something for forward visibility. I got ZX6R integrated mirrors, but didn't like them as much as my carbon fiber ZX6R mirrors. So after inspection since my bike was tore apart for the retrofit I changed my mirrors. I originally wanted to do the lights and for some reason I went with the mirrors. :facepalm:
Ordered 2 red and 2 white saturday. Brings my total cost on mods to $122.00 Thanks again for the link bud.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member