Light Knight - Good or Useless?

JonKerr

Elite Member

SurfJunkie

Its all in how/where you approach the light.

Here where im at, you can see the 3 rings on the ground. On approach, pick either the left corner or right corner, and ride across all the rings at the same point and STOP with your front wheel on the actual ring on the ground.

It has never failed me. The lights with the giant rectangle are a bit harder to get. No special trick I've found on those ones.

BoneJj

Its all in how/where you approach the light.

Here where im at, you can see the 3 rings on the ground. On approach, pick either the left corner or right corner, and ride across all the rings at the same point and STOP with your front wheel on the actual ring on the ground.

It has never failed me. The lights with the giant rectangle are a bit harder to get. No special trick I've found on those ones.
The giant rectangles are all that we have down in my area. each lane has 2 car length rectangles and they don't like bikes....

Y

yellowfz

you guys realize that all these things are are just magnets. strong ones. You can order a set of neodymium magnets from most any site and just epoxy them behind the fairings and such and they will set off any light.

You can get a good set of strong ones from here:

DIY Square NdFeB Magnets - Silver (50 × 10 × 2.5 mm / 2PCS) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme Only
or
DIY Square NdFeB Magnets - Silver (30 x 10 x 2 mm / 10 PCS) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme Only

I'm currently using a set of the first ones, they are very strong magnets and they set off pretty much ever sensor based light I've come across. One I did have to reposition the bike on but it did work after repositioning.
Is lower to the ground better than mid or high in the faring for placement?
Would like to try this and see, gets hot setting at lights.

NEVER MIND, READ FURTHER DOWN.

Good find!

Last edited by a moderator:

BoneJj

Is lower to the ground better than mid or high in the faring for placement?
Would like to try this and see, gets hot setting at lights.
The lower the better. think ground level...