License light loose?

FitZ6R

I just noticed my license plate light housing has about 1/2" of vertical play at the rearmost point. Looking at the parts fiche, the light is mounted on rubber isolaters, but it doesn't seem like it should move that much. Is this normal, or did I get a Friday bike? :D

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Before I took mine off for my FE, it was loose as well and could be moved up and down. I wouldn't worry about it unless it starts to sag really low. It probably has that much play in it to prevent from breaking the bulb when you go over bumps.

zig308

I just put my permanent plate on last night and noticed the rear part where the light is mounted moves a bit as well. I've noticed that most plastic pieces on the bike have some play to them. I assume this is to avoid parts taking a beating out on the road or eliminate vibration noise while riding.

bsoder

I just bolted up my fender eliminator last night and noticed the stock license plate light was quite loose. I too thought I was a friday bike (I actually did get the bike on a friday afternoon).

JSP

Super Moderator
Its normal on all the FZ6Rs i've seen. My dealer said its because of the rubber grommets or something behind there... I havent tried tightening them up to see if we can even get it snug.

FitZ6R

OK, thanks for the replies. I'll go find something else to worrry about. :thumbup:

Root Down

Mine is more of the same. I tried to tighten it but had to be careful with the metal screws in plastic. As tight as I was willing to make it, there was still a lot of play. No doubt it was designed that way.

FitZ6R