Leftover 2013 FZ6R's

Nmexico

First post, I picked up one of these new leftover 13s yesterday. 5575 all fees included and than add tax, title, lic. I am coming from a 14 Ninja 650 than started to wear thin on me. The Ninja was fast and fun but the STRONG engine braking and lumpy feel for long rides was too much for me to think I would hold it for long. So I quickly jumped at this deal since I would not lose my shirt.
I am warming up to the colors of my chosen bike, its the front white fender that sometimes looks like a cop's bike that throws me off. But I don't like to change much on a bike so I will leave it alone.

I really wanted this red/white color scheme. Its really the one of the best I have ever seen for the FZ, just the dealer wants about 1k to 1,200 bucks more for it. I passed of course.

Last edited:

Nmexico

When I traded in the Ninja they told me there is a $1700 rebate to the dealer on that bike. He did say the FZ6R had similar rebate numbers just less so that is the main reason I too am seeing so many new FZ6R leftover deals on Craiglist. The dealers can't sell these leftovers anyway close to MSRP without help from Yamaha.

Dok1

I think that blue looks great and considering the deal you got. Win win!

I purchased a '14 red/white in August. The dealer held onto my paper work for an unusual amount of time, then told me last week, "you didn't qualify for the low interest loan". I was so upset they lowered the price of the bike to 6199 to offset the difference in interest over the term of the loan. I called the bank, had them run my credit report again, qualified for the low interest loan, couldn't be happier. :wav:

Last edited:

JBAX

Excellent taste in color choice ;)

Congrats and Welcome. Some smart and experienced FZ6R peeps on here.

pandyman

i really like my blue 13 model , i would have liked the front guard to be matched blue , but i even paid the $200 extra for it over the white red.

i really actually wanted the raven black and also really like the 14 red/black/white version

same bike so i wish we got the deals you guys are getting i'd grab a second one for the other half, i got mine in July 13 but it cost $10k aus on road which is about $8k at todays exhange ~$9.5k back then.

Nmexico

The rebates by Yamaha on leftovers 13s seem to be over. Dealers and private sellers asking more for a used one than what I paid for a new one. Thats not a good bargaining stance considering its now a 6 year old designed bike and probably not a 2nd generation coming, that's just my guess on the future of the FZ6R.

My guess is Yamaha just makes a fully faired FZ07 soon to replace our bikes.

latony007

The rebates by Yamaha on leftovers 13s seem to be over. Dealers and private sellers asking more for a used one than what I paid for a new one. Thats not a good bargaining stance considering its now a 6 year old designed bike and probably not a 2nd generation coming, that's just my guess on the future of the FZ6R.

My guess is Yamaha just makes a fully faired FZ07 soon to replace our bikes.
I hope your right, they way they are heading its like they are goinng to give up on faired bikes except the SS.

Five-O

First post, I picked up one of these new leftover 13s yesterday. 5575 all fees included and than add tax, title, lic. I am coming from a 14 Ninja 650 than started to wear thin on me. The Ninja was fast and fun but the STRONG engine braking and lumpy feel for long rides was too much for me to think I would hold it for long. So I quickly jumped at this deal since I would not lose my shirt.
I am warming up to the colors of my chosen bike, its the front white fender that sometimes looks like a cop's bike that throws me off. But I don't like to change much on a bike so I will leave it alone.

I really wanted this red/white color scheme. Its really the one of the best I have ever seen for the FZ, just the dealer wants about 1k to 1,200 bucks more for it. I passed of course.

Its funny I was looking for the blue scheme, the white fender makes you look then look again personally I like it anyway bought the red/white don't get me wrong love the color scheme with the tubing :) too cool also got a killer deal on the 2014 right at Christmas time $5800

lark

I got mine the red and white new 2013 in Nov. They were running the rebates until the end of dec. I believe. I paid 5600 out the door including registration fees and ad valorem. I had to haggle, but I wasn't going to pay 6k on a bike that was 2 years old and still leftover brand new. They tried to say they were going to give the rebates but it was still going to be 7k and I walked on the offer twice. Then got a "how low can you go" quote from another dealer farther away and called my local one with a counter offer. So instead of driving all over the place, I got it from the dealer down the road. I'm so glad I did. :D