Led Mirror?

latony007

this is one of the most posted questions, if you search it you will see several threads on it. To answer shortly these fit, look excellent and work great, mine had the tiny little blue lights on the front so you could see when the signal is on and not forget to turn them off. however having said all that these greatly reduce your visibility especially directly behind you. I also tried GSXR mirrors with turn signals and they also looked great but also could not see much. With those my hands wound up right in the middle of the mirror. I wound up giving up and keeping the stock mirrors and adding LED strip signals into the scoops. here is a pict with those ebay mirrors on one side and gsxr mirror on the other side. if you look on my sig picture you can see the LED strips I believe.

Attachments

latony007

I don't think so it doesn't say anything about that I got trigger happy and order the ones on his link?

hey have you ordered grips? if so what did you go with?
cracks me up there are two type of people here, trigger happy like JT and then anal like me who takes so damn long to decide that half the time I wind up just giving up lol. You should have seen how long it took mee to pick the fz6r as a bike!

I did get grips, I got the spyder peak and then the pro grip 719. I wanted more reduction of vibration so when I got the spyder and realized they weren't much thicker than stock I put on the pro grips thought they might be thicker but really aren't that much. They are split black/red so I thought they looked/functioned the best and left them on. I honestly thought about some kuryakyn with the throttle boss I know they are thick but they are like $60 and not sure how they would look on the sport bike. I have a pair on my cruiser and they are great.

PROGRIP 719 Superbike RVGS Black Black | eBay

Gloss Black ISO-Grips | Black | Küryakyn

here are the signals
New Design LED Turn Signal Integrated Mirrors for Suzuki GSX R 600 750 Hayabusa | eBay

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

latony007

Those stems are really short.
they are, which is why the visibility behind you is pretty much non existant. I really liked the way they looked and wanted to keep them so bad but I live in a high traffic area and the visibility seemed more important. JT however does not live in a high traffic area and can probably spare it :D

how did the GSXR mirrors work for your project?

Thanks for the link. ill look into the grips

well I had done some mirror research in the past so I know the features I wanted and know what I was willing to pay from last time. ill doo a little bit of comparing and looking into but in general ill jump at it because I want it now!!! lol
l did the same on mirrors which is why I wound up with 3 pair. I sent one to Nismos and sent one back. Now I am back to my normal self of taking forever to decide and flip flopping back and forth. took me a week to decide which chain cleaner to get lol. wound up picking this one. Im going to try my first cleaning this week.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WH1TRU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Maxima Chain Wax Ultimate Chain Care Kit - Combo 3 Pack 70-749203 : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

latony007

My current mirrors are probably the worst viz in the market plus with my new Skully helmet ill be covered!
LMAO, I like your thinking. Its not a if, its just a when I get my Skully helmet!
what mirrors you have? these you just got are not too bad for the sides, but direct behind you I couldn't even tell if there was someone behind me a stop light. might be better for you if your not a midget like me!

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

latony007

Universal Motorcycle Black Koso Custom Side Rear View Diamond Mirrors 8mm 10mm | eBay

I have these they look sick but viz sucks I have to move my hands out of the way to see behind me every so often. and im not sure what you consider midget but im only 5'-7"
Those do look cool, same issue I had with the GSXR mirrors, I had to move my hands to see. Im about 5-6 so will probably be about the same, except I have 2" bar risers on mine, not sure about you. I got horrible pressure on my wrists when I rode the bike home from the dealer so the risers were the first thing I bought.

Sorrry we hijacked this guys thread but hopefully he is getting all the mirror information he could ever want.:D

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

latony007

I didn't start the project yet, but the GSXR mirrors have a decent stem but the ones the OP posted that JT bought have a TINY stem!

Your risers could have something to do with it.
Could be, but I think it would just change what I see with the GSXR, without the risers I probably would have been looking at my arm instead of my hand if you know what I mean. but they are where they belong now, with a GSXR rider :)

JT a whole 2 min lol? Did you get the red pro grips?

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member