LED Light Kit?

Hey guys, I wanted your opinion on a light kit for the 6R.

I don't want to go crazy on it, but I'd like to stand out a little bit more for safety reasons and wow factor.

What do recommend for a LED light kit? I want it to be "clean" and professionally installed.

I was thinking something similar to this, but obviously not purple :D. I was thinking more white for my black Raven.

varadmotorcycleml2001.jpg

Last edited:
Just put them where you like them, I have 2 in the front opening, 1 on the lower triangle covering the headers, 1 on each side of the bike, 2 where the spring is, 2 on the back side of my plate

If you want pictures let me know ill take some and show you

please post pics

Here are some pictures on placement of the LED strips. The only one that i could not get a picture of is the on on the front V.

I will take some more tonight when it gets dark to show the coverage.

Attachments

• IMG_2717.jpg
    IMG_2717.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_2718.jpg
    IMG_2718.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_2719.jpg
    IMG_2719.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2720.jpg
    IMG_2720.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_2721.jpg
    IMG_2721.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_2722.jpg
    IMG_2722.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_2723.jpg
    IMG_2723.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 112
Here is a vid of my placement I recorded a few months ago
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmhxVp6Gjco]FZ6R Light Kit Placement - YouTube[/ame]

just curious....but how do you wire these? are they connected to batter?

Here are some pictures on placement of the LED strips. The only one that i could not get a picture of is the on on the front V.

I will take some more tonight when it gets dark to show the coverage.

I really like your install. I might have to copy it :). It was really easy to do? I'm a new bike owner! :D

Has anyone seems a white kit on a black bike? I thought that'd look great on my Raven.

Last edited:
I really like your install. I might have to copy it :). It was really easy to do? I'm a new bike owner! :D

Has anyone seems a white kit on a black bike? I thought that'd look great on my Raven.

My friend has a black 08 fz6 he has a multi color kit on his, and the white does look nice.

I went with Orange LEDs on mine

DSC00430.JPG

LEWGlow motorcycle kit, super easy to install. Got power out of the fuse box from under the front seat, ran the wires where it made sense and zip tied.

sorry it took so long to post these... its harder then it looks to get a good shot with out the light bleeding out more then it really is

Attachments

• IMG_2736.jpg
    IMG_2736.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 87
That looks badass man. If I could find a way to justify it, I'd put them on mine, but since I can't ride with them on, and there's no bike nights around here, I really don't think I'd use them. I'm jealous of yours though.

that sucks that your cant find with them on where you are.. The only issue we have here is they cant be blue or flashing.

sorry it took so long to post these... its harder then it looks to get a good shot with out the light bleeding out more then it really is

Sorry to hijack the thread, but you were at Tilted Kilt in Buford Thursday weren't you? I creeped and took a few pics of your bike cause I wanted to place my LED's like yours.. it was nice to see another FZ6R :)

Back