LED flashers - Hazards faulty

Lilday

I've found the following threads which offer some info:

Motodynamic intergrated tail light - hazards not working? - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

Hazard lights - flash once then stop - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

Hazard lights not working after fitting mini indicators ? - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

My Hazard lights don't work (after LED indicator installation) - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

Motodynamic tail light spliced with led turn signals, malfunctioning - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

But none of them have a definitive answer or anything I can work with. So I'll ask you guys.

I've just installed these blinkers on the front:
New Genuine Yamaha Carbon LED Indiators YME-W0789-20 YZF R1 R6 R125 Flasher | eBay

They include the in-line resistors.

I have a moto-dynamic rear tail-light with integrated blinkers. This also has an in-line resistor.

Motodynamic tail light & Standard front blinkers = No problems.
Motodynamic tail light & One LED front blinker & One Standard front blinker = No problems
Motodynamic tail light & Both LED front blinkers = Problem.

The problem - My hazard lights flash once and then stop. I then have to wait 3 seconds before I can use my blinkers or try the hazards again.

It seems the hazards are over-loading the bike and cutting out for 3 seconds.

Any ideas on a fix? The blinkers work perfectly fine, it is only when I try the hazards then it fails.

Thanks guys.

latony007

you may need another Brit or Ausie to answer that question since the braniacs at Yamaha decided not to include the hazards lights in the north American version.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Xjman

Hazards not working

The watts are too high do not exceeded 10 watts that's the problem had the same problem changed bulbs to lower wattage and sorted
:cool:

Bert-Aus

Maybe try a resistor on the master line for indicators (IDK?)

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2