Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Superzoom

Thanks for the update, Marthy.

Can't believe you did a Bun Burner Gold! I've done four or five 1000's, but never considered a gold.

Your trip never happened until we see some pictures! There better be some pics of the bike, and of course of your pizza slice.

Agree on the FZ6R touring short comings. I've got my saddle now to where it's about 300% more comfortable than the stock seat. But I think the way to really go is get the Russell Day Long, as ugly as it is.

The stock lighting on the bike is downright dangerous.

Did any of those HD riders trailer their bikes there? Each one who did should have bought you a round!

Pictures!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Superzoom

I just need to think now what I want or can afford. I'm really digging the Touring part of riding. I wonder is it really worth to put more $ that I actually did on the 6R or try to find a good low mileage Sport Touring bike and keep the 6R to beat around for work and my wife can ride with me too. I'll see what happen in the next few months...
It does sound like a Sport Tourer would suit you. I've actually been thinking that a Sport Tourer would actually be an ideal bike for me. More comfort, less stressed engine with lower RPM's and plenty of torque everywhere, better seat, better suspension, bigger tank, better wind management, more accessories available, better for two-up. All around more suitable for long distances.

But the trade offs are big ones for me: very heavy (600-800 pounds!), worse gas mileage, higher insurance, higher purchase cost.

I think if you want to tour two-up (which I like to do too), the Sport Tourer makes a lot more sense. For solo riding, it's close to being a wash for me. Right now I'm enjoying riding a smaller, lighter bike. But for my purposes, a Sport Tourer might be best for longer distances.

The FJR1300 looks like a pretty great bike. Also look at the BMW R1200RT, ST1300, Concours14, Sprint GT. The FJR would probably be at the top of my list.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited: