keep fz6r or upgrade to f4i?

freshflex

So I have the opportunity to pick up a 2006 cbr f4i. The price is for $5499 has 4300 miles on it and not a scratch on it. I would trade in my fz6r and get around 4-4300 for it. So really I'm only looking at spending aprrox $1500. I was going to install a tbr exhaust and power comander on my fz6r this summer but for the price of the exhaust, $500 more I get a much faster bike. The f4i also has cheaper insurance than say a 600 SS, I would only be paying $140 more a yr for insurance. I love my fz6r but I want something with a little more juice. So since you guys always have useful information I was curious what you guys thought about it. Thanks!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

freshflex

True the price is a little steep but worst case scenario thats what I would pay. I am sure I will be able to knock that price down and get it much closer to 5k. Myself and other family members have done business with them before and they are pretty reasonable.

DragonBlu

"Also don't forget to consider maintenance, I hear (but have no experience) Honda's are a little higher maintenance than Yamaha's."

Dart,I have owned many Honda's and that is what Honda owners say about Yamaha's. :) After owning my second Yami I think they are pretty much equal. Suzuki,now they are higher maintainance.:) jk

Fizzer6R

get the F4i, it's a great all around bike. yes the price is on the high side, low miles, but still. look up the book values of yours and it, you should be trading and giving way less than a grand to do the deal.

not sure what this Honda's are a little higher maintenance than Yamaha is. if you compare both bikes, aren't they the same inline 4 engine config with about the same value adjustments. then usual wear items brakes, chain/sprockets etc. what else? - maybe people mean OEM parts price is little higher for honda vs. yami - wouldn't call that maintenance

Spunky99

$4455.00 is the Blue Book in excellent condition.
It's an upgrade but it'll cost you and resale will be a grand loss.

freshflex

The bike has such low milage I will keep it around for atleast 3-4 seasons. I'm 23 so SS's are pretty pricey for me for full coverage insurance. That and I don't have the best driving record lol.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

freshflex

Yeah but my biggest thing is insurance. I kind of got into a little trouble here last summer with speeding. An r6 will run me around $1800 to insure for the year, the f4i is only $841. So I can't even imagine what a litre bike would be to insure. As far as the price I actually found one with a better price and lower miles that I'm going to throw into this dealerships face in hopes they drop the price. Otherwise I'm just gonna have to drive 5hrs for a better deal but it will save me money in the long run.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member