K&N Air Filter

06330i

So I finally got around to purchasing my filter, let me say not only was it probably the best $45 I spent but I think it partially saved my bike from getting damaged. The bike has so much smoother acceleration and it doesn't bog nearly as much on the lower end. Gas mileage is still about the same. Check out the pic below and you'll see what I meant by getting "damaged." I couldn't believe my eyes. And inside of the airbox was more of that crap and these little blue pellets. Almost like a mouse or a bird got in there? The bike when I bought it had 1000 miles and came from a yamaha certified dealership. I'm kind of pissed about it, but the bike didn't have a warranty so theres nothing I can really pursue with them.

Attachments

JSP

Super Moderator
So I finally got around to purchasing my filter, let me say not only was it probably the best $45 I spent but I think it partially saved my bike from getting damaged. The bike has so much smoother acceleration and it doesn't bog nearly as much on the lower end. Gas mileage is still about the same. Check out the pic below and you'll see what I meant by getting "damaged." I couldn't believe my eyes. And inside of the airbox was more of that crap and these little blue pellets. Almost like a mouse or a bird got in there? The bike when I bought it had 1000 miles and came from a yamaha certified dealership. I'm kind of pissed about it, but the bike didn't have a warranty so theres nothing I can really pursue with them.

Did you ride through a mattress factory lately?

No? Definitely a mouse or something I would say. Crazy. Glad you caught it! I'm gonna check mine now haha. :D

Michael Wilson

You would be surprised at how often rats make nests in air boxes.

Alex6

So the improved performance might not be due to the K&N filter, but rather to having a rats-less air box? Just saying...

travisH3

we have had problems with them in our quads. one quad they were in the air box, and another one made their nest in between the skid plate and bottom of the motor.

glad ya found that though, i will be check mine when installing my block off plates and pcv

06330i

Scared the crap out of me when I cracked that air box open. Literally had that WTF look on my face lol. Either way I'm glad I caught it.

06330i

So the improved performance might not be due to the K&N filter, but rather to having a rats-less air box? Just saying...
Lol I'm sure having a clean filter in general would've helped, either way its running better :cool:

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

cavcuz05

Two mice made a nest in my 59 cushman...prior to restoration...they were behind the headight and in the exhaust pipe...how do i know this....i had to dremel the headlight bezel due to rusted mouse urine and my baffle in my exhaust was welded in by mouse tirds and urine...i was like :wtfgun: