Just won my first eBay auction!

MikeN02

Won my first eBay auction ever! I usually hate waiting and fighting against other people cause I would have to constantly watch the item, or they would sneak in last minute to bid but I saw no one bid.

Won a seat cowl! Yess!
The crappy China Seat cowls usually sell for abot $50, some people complain about the quality of the paint and finish. Saying the paint doesn't exactly match or the screws on the bottom poke out so it isn't smooth.

OEM costs around $150 to $200. But I won mine for a total of..................................

$82.32! So happy!

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

ChrisFZ6R09

Coolness!!!

I cheat and use the Buy It Now. Hope you enjoy the cowl and we expect PICS!!!

MikeN02

And if it really is a poor quality paint job you could always sand it down and refinish it and still have paid less than OEM.
The thing is my bike is a special edition 2007 with charcoal paint work. It's hard to find parts for it since well... the charcoal silver is only for that year. Even the china quality ones don't have it, they just have basic colors. Same thing with the Candy red.

It says
Seat Cowl (Charcoal Silver) ****NO RESERVE*******
Quickly change the styling of your bike by adding a color-matched seat cowl.
Fits '06~'07 YZF-R6 (not for '06 YZF-R6S model), Charcoal Silver
ABA-2C025-10-BL
New was Display item
Seller was burlingtonyamaha

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

MikeN02

No idea about the black colors, just know about people who have the blue red or white ones that says it's off. So I'm sure black would be a little bit off as well.

They also said there is some fitment issues that you have to mod to make it fit right.

ChrisFZ6R09

Hopefully the charcoal won't have that much of a difference. Seems that darker coolers...if they're off it's just tint (too dark or too light). Black, most can't screw it up, but i've been surprised before.

iSpoolin

I use ebay to buy everything haha

and im one of those bitches that watches the item until the last minute then I bid, and keep refreshing the page bidding .50 over what the last bidder did haha

I got a complete extra set of wheels for the FZ6R for 100$ ;) lol Thinking about painting them Gold and doing the Gold sticker kit and having the bike I wanted in the first place LOL

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

ChrisFZ6R09

MikeN02

I even set my alarm to go off at 1pm, 10 minutes before the auction ends and just kept staring.

iSpoolin

I'd love to get them powdercoated, BUT there is NOWHERE within 400 miles of me that powdercoats. So I just go in with my rattle can and Duplicolor Wheel protectant. Done it for the Gold Wheels on my car, its held up for a year with out any chipping ;)

I also thought about polishing them, which is cheap and easy, it just takes time that I don't really have haha

6R Blackout

I already used most of it. I like the charcoal look, this is OEM not chinese seat cowl so it'll look sweet!
Hey Mike what does that carbon fiber vynl look like, and where did u get it. Congrats on winning ur first auction.:confused:

CtrlAltDl

I even set my alarm to go off at 1pm, 10 minutes before the auction ends and just kept staring.
This is what I use:
Biet-O-Matic (Bid-O-Matic) | Download Biet-O-Matic (Bid-O-Matic) software for free at SourceForge.net

You tell it how much to bid and when to bid. A little bit of work to set it up, but works great.

I used to pay every year for Auction Sentry, but this one works just as good and you can't beat the price.

Keep it on the down low, don't want everyone sniping on feeBay! ;-)

MikeN02

ChrisFZ6R09

NICE!!! The pics make it look like it matches perfect!

Is that what i'm seeing here? :rockon: