Just picked up my FZ6R

bowfishin13

Today I picked my new bike up. Its a 2009 FZ6R with 3850 miles. I noticed that it has a lot of aftermarket parts already. has the fender eliminator kit, led tail/turn signal brake light. new front turn signals aftermarket handle bars. But when I drove it home today I noticed that my parents were doing 90 mph on the high way really we were going 70 so when I got home I called them back and told them what happened they are picking it up and gonna figure out whats going on. I'm guessing they changed sprockets for some reason. Also when I was taking pictures of it noticed it has a Dynojet power commander V on it. Thoughts on the bike?

Attachments

BKP

Beautiful bike! Great choice...

Sounds like you already have the popular mods most try to get done... The stock bike has a four to five mph accuracy differential that a +1 sprocket usually takes care of, so I'm assuming that's part of it, but wouldn't account for a 20mph difference...

Some on the board here are much better equipped to speculate on that...

Best of luck with the new bike, and ride safe...

bowfishin13

Thanks! and not only was it 20 mph off I was right around 8k rpms at that. They are going to look at it since I just brought it home

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

bowfishin13

It has a two brother pipe not for sure if its a full system or not will it have a marking on anything besides the pipe. I bought it from a dealer around here for 7400 otd with a extended warranty and got a leather yamaha racing jacket too

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Congrats and welcome.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Detrich

Congrats! :)

Yamaha Blue is my favorite color too.

Last edited:

bowfishin13

Thanks everyone! And at school today I was talking to another guy who has a bike and he told me I had a full system I was pumped and yea I double check it was in mph and that would be the only thing to throw off the speedometer 20 mph and make it ride at 8k at that speed hopefully they put a stock on on free or if I have to buy one what should I get 1 or 2 teeth smaller than stock?