just ordered my mods, miss anything?

latony007

I'll def be looking into that LED mod, but i was hoping to do it with the longer LED strips, if I can find them
Check Ebay they have all lenths I saw, 30 and 60 cm. I don't think you can do more than 60

lwclancers

Mine were 24" strips in the link above.

I'll def be looking into that LED mod, but i was hoping to do it with the longer LED strips, if I can find them

Roadking013

well i got the frame sliders on, the flush mounts on (were brighter than I expected) and FE comes in tomorrow and tail light next week. for the time being i'll have to deal with the faster blinking because I ordered my relay from custom LED but they are on vacation ti'll Oct 10th.

now I want to do the scoop LED turn signal mod, but am curious exactly how to wire it, i understand to tap into the turn signals but where and how? (do they make a Y connector)
another mod I wanted to do was LED accents around the bike that were able to be turned on/off by a switch near the front of the bike (near the gauge cluster) but not sure how to wire it (my guess would be attach an LED strip to the switch, then wire it around the bike to my liking, when its near the battery, wire it to the batt with pos/neg then complete the circuit back to the switch?)

latony007

well i got the frame sliders on, the flush mounts on (were brighter than I expected) and FE comes in tomorrow and tail light next week. for the time being i'll have to deal with the faster blinking because I ordered my relay from custom LED but they are on vacation ti'll Oct 10th.

now I want to do the scoop LED turn signal mod, but am curious exactly how to wire it, i understand to tap into the turn signals but where and how? (do they make a Y connector)
another mod I wanted to do was LED accents around the bike that were able to be turned on/off by a switch near the front of the bike (near the gauge cluster) but not sure how to wire it (my guess would be attach an LED strip to the switch, then wire it around the bike to my liking, when its near the battery, wire it to the batt with pos/neg then complete the circuit back to the switch?)

what I did was cut the wire harness off the stock signals (or you can order them from ebay), wired both the flush and led scoops into that with just standard wire connectors and plugged it in. Remember it depends on which wire you connect to as to how the lights will work, connect one way and you have lights permanently on, connect another way and you have running lights that flash when turning and a third way you have just turn signals.

I thought about the accents but really too much work for me lol. You would have to run the wire all over the place. There is a nice spot for a switch already on there where the fricken hazard lights are supposed to be though!

Roadking013

what I did was cut the wire harness off the stock signals (or you can order them from ebay), wired both the flush and led scoops into that with just standard wire connectors and plugged it in. Remember it depends on which wire you connect to as to how the lights will work, connect one way and you have lights permanently on, connect another way and you have running lights that flash when turning and a third way you have just turn signals.

I thought about the accents but really too much work for me lol. You would have to run the wire all over the place. There is a nice spot for a switch already on there where the fricken hazard lights are supposed to be though!
Any chance of a picture of that? i've already wired my flush mounts into the OEM harness, just tap into it again?

latony007

Any chance of a picture of that? i've already wired my flush mounts into the OEM harness, just tap into it again?
Yep. If you hook to the exact same wires you have your flush mounts connected it will do whatever they do i.e. running and blinking or just blinking but again there is three wires you can hook to and switching will change how the signals behave. Sorry on the picture i swore i wasnt going to unscrew those stupid black dash pieces again unless i had to lol :)