just ordered my mods, miss anything?

Roadking013

Just purchased all the mods i've been wanting for a while. OES frame sliders, flush mount turn signals, integrated tail light and FE kit. I remember somewhere of when you install the turn signals, with the integrated tail light, you need a relay?

is this a yes or no?

latony007

Just purchased all the mods i've been wanting for a while. OES frame sliders, flush mount turn signals, integrated tail light and FE kit. I remember somewhere of when you install the turn signals, with the integrated tail light, you need a relay?

is this a yes or no?
You need a relay if you want the flash rate to stay the same, if you don't mind the faster flashing you don't need it. I would recommend something additional for the front signals. the flushies are hard to see from the front. Mirror signals or LED strips in the scoops seems most popular choices. Good luck and have fun!

Bozman

Depends on your lit kits..... The proton flush mount kits come with inline resisters that maintain the OEM flash rate, a strobe type effect, or you can change the speed of it. As far as the FE kit, it depends on if it's LED or not. I just picked up a competition werks FE kit and it's NOT LED. Therfore I won't need a damn thing. Have fun!!!

ylwf3vr

latony007

Hm.. very interesting.......
I cant use youtube here at work but if you check out this pict. you can see the LED strips on my bike.

Attachments

ylwf3vr

How extensive is that install? Just connecting it to the turn signal wires?

latony007

How extensive is that install? Just connecting it to the turn signal wires?
Yep super easy if your already putting on the flush mounts, just splice them into the turn signal wires when you put the flushies on. There is 3 wires on the bike, if you hook the strips up one way it will be on all the time, another way it will be just blinker, third way it will be running light and blinker. I used some outdoor double sided tape cut into a strip to the same width as the LED and that's it. You can feed the wire right through the scoops so its totally clean. If you see Scott Thomas postings anywhere check out his album you can see some close ups. Here are the ones I got, make sure you only cut every three lights.

2x24cm 12V Car 24 LED Flexible Strip Amber Bulb Light Waterproof PVC New Neon | eBay

ylwf3vr

:D Bought it! Man you guys making my bank go broke.. especiailly with this shutdown.. lol

ylwf3vr

Oops.. noticed I just hijacked like 5 posts on here sorry!

latony007

:D Bought it! Man you guys making my bank go broke.. especiailly with this shutdown.. lol
Ok, that's what im talking about!! this site is too expensive. Everyone needs to stop coming up with cool s*** and stop spreading the ease of Mods around LOL
yup supper easy install no brainer and you get that extra viz its a must do mod. I also did the rear end the same way
You put LED strips in the back as signals? where? pic? I want to do the rear it just looks like kinda pain to get them off. what do you think of these JT (another hijack :)
Red Motorcycle LED Turn Signal Indicator Light Lamp for Honda Suzuki Yamaha Bike | eBay

I thought these might provide some extra vis to cagers.

Custom Black Universal Motorcycle LED Turn Signals Light Blinker Amber Indicator | eBay

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

latony007

That is not a bad idea, I actually have a set of those LED strips too. I bought both the clear ones and these black ones but on the scoops these black ones didn't bend the right way. Of course ill have to figure out changing the blinkers in back to begin with. Ill check out the vids when I get home. Thanks!

latony007

red the blinker post too. very cool. Thanks, although Scott told me about the 2 wire 3 wire thing and that's not entirely true. You can run two wire signals as running lights and blinkers if you want. Just depends on which wire you hook to. I have my flushes as running and blinker and my led as just blinker, I like the idea of these back LEDs as running lights too since they kinda face down a bit. Now I have to buy more crap, thanks again guys! LOL

lwclancers