Just got my new bike!

:D hi, im from alberta.canada. unfortunately its still winter for another 2 months or longer(hopefully not) but today i bought my first bike. apparently in my province its illegal for people under 25 to insure bikes over 1000cc. origionally i looked at a buell 1125r, but after looking at a bunch of other choices i narrowed down my pick to the fz6r. one of the reasons is i only have one year riding experience and a 1125 is probably way to much bike for me to handle anyway lol. next reason i went with the fz6r is insurrance, to be in the lowest price bracket i needed something 650 cc or less and im still paying a grand a year:eek: origionally i wanted a cruiser again like my last bike but the rockets grew on me:cool: just signed paperwork today. pics will come when i get it home.
but heres the exact model and colour i picked up
2010 fz6r

:D:D:D

Detrich

congratulations and welcome to the group! :)

post some pictures of your bike when you get it, and fill out the questionare on the new member interview thread. and, above all ride safely!

anson650

Congratulations!
And good choice it is! It is a size bike you can ride forever. If you do get a larger bike, keep this one too. You will come back to it.
Anson650
upstate new york, 61 today 26 tomorrow.

JSP

Super Moderator
Congrats and welcome! :wav:

Mguenther

Congratulations on the new bike. I just got my 2nd FZ6R in December and understand the cold. Only 75 miles in 2 months.

Sage

Congrats on the new bike! You'll enjoy it very much.
:needpics:

CDN6R

Congrats to one CDN to another! You will love this bike and this site! I do like the 2010 in white too!

Brock Kickass

CDN6R beat me to it, but welcome to a fellow Canadian. I also have a 2010 white 6R (gold wheels, red seat) and love it. Great looking bike, very easy to ride, and lots of fun. It's my first bike, and I am really glad to have it. It has been a great bike to learn on. I can't wait for winter to end so I can go put another 11 000km on mine this summer!

NoDoze

Congratulations! I remember when I got my '6R - wow talk about grinning from ear to ear all the way home!

It's funny because to me, just like other eye candies (women, cars, etc...), your eyes will wander but they end up coming back to my own '6R :) saying "my FZ6R is a damn sweet bike!"

Enjoy and ride safe!

CDN6R

Congratulations! I remember when I got my '6R - wow talk about grinning from ear to ear all the way home!

It's funny because to me, just like other eye candies (women, cars, etc...), your eyes will wander but they end up coming back to my own '6R :) saying "my FZ6R is a damn sweet bike!"

Enjoy and ride safe!
Amen to that comment!