Joey Dunlop on V4 Honda at Isle of Man TT '83 from V Four Victory

Fizzer6R

before some of you were born eh? :eek:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6VAoNY2bjY]‪V Four Victory part 1‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I dunno why's it's not showing up as a pretty video box?

CDN6R

Thanks for the post,,yeah Joey was pretty amazing and those "TT" (Isle Of Mann Tourist Trophy Race,,,,,,,hence "T.T") were and still are very dangerous and many racers have been killed. To me Moto G.P. is great but this is a whole different league, and remember this was almost 30 years ago!

R.I.P. Joey.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Dunlop
Laurie

Last edited:

the_cr

Absolutely incredible! I know I couldn't do it, particularly when he hits the heavy shade and you can't see anything.

Awesome share

ChUcK

I don't get it, was he the only one trying? Or were the guys he was passing not part of the race, like marshals or what have you? He blew by them like they were standing still.

That's some pretty good onboard footage for '83. The camera must have been pretty top of the line for those days.

Rookasaki

I don't get it, was he the only one trying? Or were the guys he was passing not part of the race, like marshals or what have you? He blew by them like they were standing still.

That's some pretty good onboard footage for '83. The camera must have been pretty top of the line for those days.
Wow, I was born in 83. Amazing how fast those bikes were back then. lol I was just thinking about the camera. I was thinking "dang they have gopros back then... haha"

CrazyCawi

If you look at the camera before the start of the race it looks like a big box on the front of the tank lol. Rook...judging by some of your twisties footage you could do the isle of man ;)

and as for fast old bikes...I heard the hurricaine from I think honda....was an epic bike...fastest machine eva...

Rookasaki

If you look at the camera before the start of the race it looks like a big box on the front of the tank lol. Rook...judging by some of your twisties footage you could do the isle of man ;)

and as for fast old bikes...I heard the hurricaine from I think honda....was an epic bike...fastest machine eva...
haha thanks for the new signature quote!

JonKerr

Elite Member

ChUcK

The vid is definitely worth the suspense. I haven't been to the Isle of Man, but from the videos I have seen it looks like the Brassiest Balls of mainstream races.

It makes you wonder about what sort of underground TT's are going on around the world, the "if you have to ask you'll never know" type.

I have an older biker buddy who owns an F4 Hurricane, and he'll talk for HOURS about how badass it is. But he won't let you ride it.

JonKerr

Elite Member