It's for sale 2003 yamaha R1

MC#4

OK, Here it is My 03 R1 is for sale. 17K Runs like new, no mechanical problems, motor is very strong and transmission shifts smooth. Good tires, front is almost new, matching bridgestone BT-021's. This bike does have some scratches in the plastics but It still looks pretty darn good. Here is the list of mods done to the bike. Chrome windshield, chrome steering cover, Blue levers (brake is adjustable), Tank protector, Yamaha seat cowl, (will include passenger seat), MIG mid pipe and carbon fiber can, undertail kit, License plate relocate to swingarm, and flushmount front turn signals. Bike is currently lowered but the stock link will be included to raise it to stock height.

I also just put new rear brakes on, rotors are still good all around. The bike is inspected until 8/2011. Most of the miles were put on by me when I commuted 60 miles a day with it. This was my daily driver up until 8/5 when I got the FZ6R. I love to ride the R1 but I want to start doing some touring and my back can't take the aggresive riding position of the R1.

Here's some specs to drool over
152 horsepower (more than many 4 cyl cars!)
383 lbs dry weight (Hayabusas are about 100lbs heavier)
0-60 2.9 sec (Holy sh*t)
0-100 5.5 sec (literally faster than most cars 0-60 time)
1/4 vairies 10-10.4 (Dodge Viper is low 12's)
MPG 38-42 (I averaged around 40)

Bike is in Selinsgrove PA, An hour north of Harrisburg.
This is a huge upgrade in power over the FZ6R, about double and believe you me, you can tell.

$4500

Last edited:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see a price any where....

MC#4

$4500

I copy/pasted from craigslist ad and the price was in the title
thanks for pointin that out.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

CDN6R

Most people trade up,,600 to a 1000,,,so why are you selling it? I guess it is not really any of my P's and Q's but just curious. Laurie

lothodon

i can answer that question as i too am going from my second r1 to a 6r. for me it's practicality, my r1 is not exactly town friendly, nor can i safely use it to it's potential on public roads. there are no tracks anywhere near me and the riding position is not exactly comfy on long rides.

btw, mines for sale too! but i won't hijack this thread.

sounds to me (a current r1 owner) that the price is spot on if anyone cares.

p.s. did i mention my insurance is $50 less a year for an 09 6r than my 03 r1. max coverage, and i'm 41 years old.

MC#4

To uno979, I would say it has been lowered about 2-3 inches at seat height. I have the stock link to change it back and it has an adjustable kickstand. The lowering link has 2 holes so it could be slammed even harder if desired.

The reason I am selling this bike is because my dad got a harley bagger and we wanna do some touring. I can ride the R1 for about an hour and my back is on fire.
I went from a scooter to a ninja 250 to the R1. The R1 has more power than I could ever need + I almost lost my license on that thing once, and that is a big no-no for me. I am a PA state inspection mechanic and part owner of a garage. No driver's license= No job.

It is impossible for me to have that much available power and not use some of it. So I just had to remove myself from that situation thus the FZ6R.

O and by the way I would love love love to keep this as a track bike but I don't know of any tracks within 3-4 hours and I hate to travel!

Thanks to all for the interest

CDN6R

MC#4,,,,, Now thats using your head and thinking logically. Kudos to you for admitting to yourself and us that not everyone needs a 1000 cc Superbike. That is what I really like about the 6R,just a great all round senceable bike.:thumbup: Laurie.

MC#4

Well the bike is sold. Lowered the price to $4000 and sold it 3 days later. I have mixed emotions right now. I'm glad it's sold and I have the money but It's starting to sink in that spring is almost here and I can't just hop on the R1 and and tear up the street or the strip... and that really sucks! Anyone know of a cheap ZX-14 on the east coast?