Isle of Man 2014...... A real possibility for the fastest member...

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

RoadTrip

Now that would be a trip of a lifetime, would it tie into the race weekend as well? I would definitely try and get some track time on a similar bike before doing the TT trip, though.

steve-a

Isle of man 2014 May 26th - June 7th... talked with several agents, bookers today who went over several package options with me. I can either rent a bike or ship my bike there. Very expensive trip but am considering this as a real possibility. You can ride the 37.7 mile course whenever there is no race scheduled! This is a big motivating factor, no speed limit, ride your own ride... 200 MPH or 30MPH...

I am only going to live the one time so......

Anybody here ever been? Serious talk here... Thoughts?
You may be able to ride the whole course when there is no racing but speed limits apply in certain parts of the island (built up / residential). Also I believe that the mountain section is one way during race weeks.

Not been myself but it is on my list.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

applejax

Isle of man 2014 May 26th - June 7th... talked with several agents, bookers today who went over several package options with me. I can either rent a bike or ship my bike there. Very expensive trip but am considering this as a real possibility. You can ride the 37.7 mile course whenever there is no race scheduled! This is a big motivating factor, no speed limit, ride your own ride... 200 MPH or 30MPH...

I am only going to live the one time so......

Anybody here ever been? Serious talk here... Thoughts?
Do it! Like you says, You only live once!

abyss1406

one of the many checks in my bucketlist to check off for sure

Fenixgoon

sweet mother of jesus i didn't know you could go there and ride it yourself. i thought it was just for the racers

added to the bucket list. out of curiosity, how much is the whole thing set to cost you? i need to start a fund for this :D

what kind of bikes can you rent? being on the west coast, it would not be easy to ship to the other side of the atlantic

bloodypulp

Man, to be rich and free. I wonder if make a wish works for us cancer survivors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

I'll probably wait until I get proficient at riding over 100+ for long periods of time before attempting this... Would be cool to watch in person though

Bert-Aus

Good Work Anthony!

If you want to make it cheaper for yourself,
look into buying a bike in the UK, ride it around for you time there
and then return it to the vendor (Bike Store) for them to re-sell.

Sounds strange but a work colleague of mine did that this year for the ManxGP on the island.
As you will only have the bike for a short time you can sell it for the price you bought it for.

It may sound a bit odd but by doing it that way you dont have to worry about going without your bike for a month or so either side of the trip (due to shipping times and sanitation clean etc)

Either way, good luck with it sure sounds great journey (No speed limits:eek::eek::D:D)

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member