Intuitive Racing Frame Sliders

Grinch79

So the first thing I purchased for my 6R was a set of the frame sliders. I read the forums and checked out a few options and jumped on these based on availability and the no cut option I wanted.

Question - On the left side during the removal of the bolts I noticed that one was longer than the other, however the two which came with the sliders were equal length. Did anyone who has these and installed them use the factory bolt with washers/spacers or did you just use the ones which came from Intuitive?

With this being my first bike and knowing NOTHING AT ALL I'm just a little paranoid. Every little noise that is coming out of my bike during the break in has me wondering if something is wrong, should I have used the longer bolt, is something loose? Damn voices in my head.

Appreciate it.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

ajkewler

Don't use the washer that came off your stock bolt under your frame slider. I made the mistake of doing that and it caused the puck to spin as I tried to torque it 40 lbs. In doing so it spun into the fairing and now it has a slight bend which you can't see but it still hurts my heart knowing that its there :(

Spunky99

Installed mine last night.
What I found interesting is that the stock bolts are different lengths and the ones that came with the slider are the same. The longer stock bolt is longer than either of the replacement bolts.
I used the replacement bolts and torqued them properly. Perfect install.
:)

Grinch79

I think with the all the rain we are getting may be a good idea to take it back off and check if I used or removed the washers. Man I want to get out and ride, only have 99 miles on this so far.

MikeN02

So I got the chance to use them unfortunately...

Was working on my bike (with both side fairings off thank god) and I lost my balance and tipped it over on the right side.

Only rash on the right slider, some on the mirrors (which i'm going to replace with R6S mirrors) and some on the bar ends (which I can have an excuse to get some)

Needless to say I was super pissed, grabbed it by the handlebars and lifted it back up.

Spunky99

Hey, I saw these R6S mirrors.
Will they bolt on without modification?
Yamaha YZF R6 R6S Mirrors 2003-2008 Carbon.
Look pretty cool...My buddy said my mirrors look like the eye stalks on the snail from SpongeBob SquarePants so I'm thinking of replacing them....LOL