Intrest in 2009 Dragons Tail Meet.

wrightme43

Admin of Socks & Puppets
Man that would rock!!

S

sideshow_downs

I'm in Austin so a mid way point for a link up could work. I have crew cab so there would be plenty of room for gear in bed of the truck. If anyone else from TX or along the route wants to go that would be great. I'd think we could haul up to three bikes and four people. I just can't see making that 1200+ mile trip on the bike, I must be getting old. :rolleyes:

Wish I was back in Colorado, ninety degree weather gets old in September or 100+ in your case.
I just need to work out leave when i get there other. So as long as i can get the time i see no other problems in going. so lets hope

ant_mb

I'm in for Thursday as well. Hell, I would even be in for as early as Tuesday and make a week out of it. The last trip was a blast, but flew by, and I would have loved to spend more time with the guys. I'm still debating on wether to truck or ride down, the 750 mile one way trip was ok but being mostly interstate sucked on the bike.

S

shaggystyle

I'm also down for an extra day, or two, or seven....hell as long as there is someone to ride with who doesn't mind my company I'll be there.

If Sportrider shows up I'm totally bring my autograph book:Flash:

Is it to early to start talking about meeting up for the ride down? Anyone coming from IN/IL is welcome to swing through Louisville and ride down with me.

Sweet geebus! I'm already getting excited!

ant_mb

I'm also down for an extra day, or two, or seven....hell as long as there is someone to ride with who doesn't mind my company I'll be there.

If Sportrider shows up I'm totally bring my autograph book:Flash:

Is it to early to start talking about meeting up for the ride down? Anyone coming from IN/IL is welcome to swing through Louisville and ride down with me.

Sweet geebus! I'm already getting excited!
You're feeling now what I felt as I was pulling away from Deals gap last year. It is a great time man!

F

FZ-B

I'm in for Thursday as well. Hell, I would even be in for as early as Tuesday and make a week out of it. The last trip was a blast, but flew by, and I would have loved to spend more time with the guys. I'm still debating on wether to truck or ride down, the 750 mile one way trip was ok but being mostly interstate sucked on the bike.
Part of the fun is the 700 mile ride there! This year my group took a detour and hit the Blue Ridge Parkway. If you ride and I make the trip, I'll tag along.

ant_mb

Part of the fun is the 700 mile ride there! This year my group took a detour and hit the Blue Ridge Parkway. If you ride and I make the trip, I'll tag along.
I had a companion last year. If I have one this year I'll ride again, but if I'm left to myslef I'll probably truck.

wrightme43

Admin of Socks & Puppets
I will ride with you Shaggy. Trucking it in is nice though.

N

necrotimus

I guess I'm not the only one who has pulled up google maps a few times. I am pretty sure I am going to ride my 550 miles there. I just havent decided which roads to take or if I am going to stop over and visit friends in Atlanta.

Anyone got expereince with 81 past Roanoke vs taking 40 from Durham?

poorwboy

Danny just told me about this right now. I might go if I can line everything up.
Giggity:cheer:

F

FZ-B

I guess I'm not the only one who has pulled up google maps a few times. I am pretty sure I am going to ride my 550 miles there. I just havent decided which roads to take or if I am going to stop over and visit friends in Atlanta.

Anyone got expereince with 81 past Roanoke vs taking 40 from Durham?
We took 81 down minus our sidetrack on the parkway. On the way back GPS changed it up on me and took us back to 40/85. I think both are equal, but seemed to be less congested on 40/85 with not as many idiots.

W

Wildcard

Im really interested in going but its a hike coming from DC. Anyone want to meet up?

W

Wildcard

Id be glad to join you. You can make a pit stop at my place and we can go from there. Im literally a 2 minutes away from 95

ant_mb

Id be glad to join you. You can make a pit stop at my place and we can go from there. Im literally a 2 minutes away from 95

Cool man! It's a pretty long ride dowm, but well worth it. It took me 12 hours last year.

W

Wildcard

Yea google maps said its about 9 hours 45 minutes from where I'm at.

ant_mb

Yea google maps said its about 9 hours 45 minutes from where I'm at.
Yea that's about right, we only stopped once to eat and it was gas and go for 12 hours. The best part of the ride was doing the Dragon at night without even realizing we were on it. You really don"t look at the route when you use GPS.

W

Wildcard

Sounds awesome. I am really excited about this. And in terms of dates, I am flexible.

wrightme43

Admin of Socks & Puppets
Rock on this is what 10-15 people already.