Instructions on how to Derestrict your FZ6R (10 Steps )

NightWolf

I Found it very hard to get anwsers out of anyone on the internet on how to do this with a step by step program. So I am putting this here to help anyone wanting to Derestrict there fz6r.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

Size 12 Spanner ( found in spare parts in your tool kit. )
Torx Wrench/bit - ( Size T-25H )
Derestriction Bracket - Found at Res - Art .
Allen Keys Found in tool kit.
.......................................................................................................

Step one - Remove Left hand side Fairing. ( Using allen keys )

Step two - Remove the (1) Bolt holding duct Vent.

Step three - Remove (4) Bolts holding Bracket to allow access to throttle body

Step four - Using torx bit , Remove The (2) Gold screws holding restricted racket on. ( becareful not to drop them inside your bike )

Step 5 - slide the bracket out , loosen the lock nuts supporting your throttle cables to allow them to slide free. unhook them from your throttle body .

Step 6 , Take your derestricted bracket and slide the cables back into place - i put the bracket back into place and checked for further adjustment and " slack " in the throttle , Adjust this to suit you and your bike.

Step 7 - ensure everything is working correctly , Start your bike and make sure the throttle is working per normal . ( adjust if nesserary )

Step 8 Replace bracket , vent and side fairing.

step 9 Test ride.

Step 10 , DO NOT DO THIS unless you are legally allowed to de-restrict your bike. Neither Nightwolf nor the forum is responsible if you break the law.

.......................................................................................................

It is very easy if you have a brain. However no body would give me any idea to how it was performed. So to anyone looking to do this to there bike. It is simple if you are used to doing simple maintenance , Just becareful as you are playing with your throttle.

If anyone has any questions about this . send me a message and i will help you out. Caring is sharing :cool:

This mod will void warrenty. and will also land you in trouble with the law if you are supposed to be on a LAMS bike. Each to there own. Rubber side down;)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyCawi

Thanks for sharing. As a Mod here I would like to tell everyone PROCEED WITH CAUTION ON THIS MOD AS www.600cc.org along with the O.P Take no responsibility of your actions as by doing this mod it is purely your choice.

Again, O.P great info to have on the site and thanks for tagging it!

NightWolf

So how is the power?
Yes i should have added . " Do this at your own Risk " ;)

....................................................................................................

The bike is exactly the same . My bike used to top out at around 130 kph?
I got it up to around 145 on my " test ride " today . Conditions are wet here at the moment. I would say i have a normal 600. I paid full price for my bike about 2 months ago ( 12,000 AUD ) so i did this because i wanted full bang for my buck. ( and also im a bank robber and need a fast get away :thumbup: ) ... But really , I wouldnt worry about it unless you have a death sentence or you " race " your bike... to me it was worth $150 ?
But dont expect it to change unless you are at high speed.
Apparently these bikes will max out at around 200 kph. :cool:

motoguy82

got mine to 215kph. But I'm not sure how far off the speedo is....some on here say if you add a tooth to the front sprocket it puts it right on (so I'm doing that as soon as I find a 30mm socket)

NightWolf

got mine to 215kph. But I'm not sure how far off the speedo is....some on here say if you add a tooth to the front sprocket it puts it right on (so I'm doing that as soon as I find a 30mm socket)
Wow . Thats cool ! i thought the speedo only went to 200. :confused:
Im going to put a bigger sproket on aswel... got a few other upgrades to do first .. all in all these bikes have enough power.. i dont see why everyone says there gutless.:D

CtrlAltDl

Does this apply to US bikes as well?

And couldn't you just cut that plate?

CtrlAltDl

Thanks, I just figured that out.

I was thinking it can't be that easy to 60% more power...

nucmedman63

darn!! Iwas hoping there was away to kick up the hp in the 6r outside of the exhaust (for the 5-6 hp $1200+/- is steep) what holds this motor back when other 600 like the r6 put out so much more. dont get me wrong love riding this bike but just can't figure out why you can't kick up the hp. anybody know what holds this motor back?

tuco

Hello Guys,

Im from Brazil, i have one Xj6 is the same FZ6R, but Xj is naked.

My bike have the same restriction, whem you put painel in diagnose mode the throttle potentiometers, send position close 17% and full open 90%...

and we have more 10% of the Throttle !!! I made ​​changes on my bike, now i can see 100% in painel diagnose...

I have Filter K&N and two brothers exhaust, and this charge... Bike can do now 91hp...

cavcuz05

darn!! Iwas hoping there was away to kick up the hp in the 6r outside of the exhaust (for the 5-6 hp $1200+/- is steep) what holds this motor back when other 600 like the r6 put out so much more. dont get me wrong love riding this bike but just can't figure out why you can't kick up the hp. anybody know what holds this motor back?
58cycle.com = best price for 2bros

Greatatuin

Thanks

Thanks Nightwolf,

I will be doing my open license next week and will be looking into de-limiting my baby.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers

Greatatuin

suvo

Hey Guys. Just de-restricted my mates fz6r in australia. my face before work carried out :( my face after the work :thumbup:

bike will wheel stand, 2nd gear revs up quickly to red line @ 128km/h

the confidence and power to enable safer riding

rr_double_rr

No one answered the question, at least as far as I can tell, are the US bikes restricted or not?

If this adds that much power, enabling a wheelie, I want to convert mine. Not that I intend to be doing wheelies, or anything else stupid, I just want to be able to enjoy my bike.