Installing T-Rex Frame sliders

jgelack

Hi, I'm getting ready to install my T-Rex frame sliders and I have a question. It says in the instructions to support the engine before removing any bolts. Question is how do I support the engine when the pipes run directly underneath it ??? Would I be ok if I just removed one engine mounting bolt at a time, always having one bolt still supporting the engine. Thanks for your help

EsrTek

Would I be ok if I just removed one engine mounting bolt at a time, always having one bolt still supporting the engine.
That is exactly how I did it... 1 side at a time, and 1 bolt at a time.
I started w the main bolt closest to the front, so the frame slider kind of dangled while I took the 2nd main bolt out.. Got them both in hand tight and then did the rest at same time (which have no support issues).

Cerebus

On a related note, if they haven't fixed their brackets yet, be prepared to elongate the front hole on the right side plate. Several of us have had to do this to get the bolt in. The supplied bolt for that hole was also too long, it bottomed out. I had to reuse the stock bolt in that location.

jgelack

Thanks

Thanks guys!!! Everything went smooth. I gotta admit, I was a little nervous about installing these after reading about others having issues, but everything lined up fine, and one of the four main bolts was a little shorter for the right front mount. I guess T-Rex was listening and corrected the issues. Thanks again.

Cerebus

Thanks guys!!! Everything went smooth. I gotta admit, I was a little nervous about installing these after reading about others having issues, but everything lined up fine, and one of the four main bolts was a little shorter for the right front mount. I guess T-Rex was listening and corrected the issues. Thanks again.
Glad to hear the install went smooth. :)