Install full fairing on XJ6s

Chuppymarley

Hi all,
newbie here..
I saw the FZ6R fairing kit on ebay. Want to know does it can directly fit on to XJ6s (half faired) without modification?
Cause in my country the dealer only offer the half faired version XJ6.. and I really like the full faired look..

Pls advice.
Thanks..

motoguy82

I'm pretty sure the full fairing versions have a different nose cowling section that doesn't match up with the side fairings... found this out the hard way when I ordered a windscreen for a full faired version and it didn't match my XJ6S. So probably to do this, you'd need the nose cowling too, and it would probably be a big PITA trying to figure out most likely different and additional mounting points.

What's wrong with the semi-faired version anyway? I kinda like seeing the engine on this bike.

yfz6r

The fairings are a lot different. Unless yamaha makes a loer fairing kit like they did for the fz1 and fz6 I don't think it would be worth the effort and cost

pilninggas

If you buy one of those complete FZ6R fairings (the chinese/taiwanese/korean jobbies - approx US$600 for painted/decaled), i am 90% sure the whole lot mates upto existing mounting points. As this is something i have considered, i have had a look at the schematics on bikebandit.com to be sure, already.

As said previously you will need to remove the XJ6S top fairing and put the FZ6R one on instead, so the side panels and lowers will go on.

yfz6r

You'd have to add all the mounting brackets as well as change out several of the existing plastics. It'd probably be cheaper to import an FZ6R from the states.
Exactly. The mounting points are WAY different. Would take some skillful metal fabrication to pull off. Riding isn't about looks anyway. Just enjoy what you have

rtho782

You'd have to add all the mounting brackets as well as change out several of the existing plastics. It'd probably be cheaper to import an FZ6R from the states.
It would be cheaper to buy an XJ6 Diversion F, rather than an S, which has the exact same fairing as the FZ6R :p

Mine, for example:

RooKie

It would be cheaper to buy an XJ6 Diversion F, rather than an S, which has the exact same fairing as the FZ6R :p

Mine, for example:
Oh man! I'm LOVING that ARROW exhaust! Does it sound as good as it looks? and how much did you pay for it?

rtho782

Oh man! I'm LOVING that ARROW exhaust! Does it sound as good as it looks? and how much did you pay for it?
I was massively lucky - £200 from ebay!!

It sounds LOUD and I love it, as it has a hole for the O2 sensor the bike seems to have adjusted it's own fueling too - it was originally running lean and backfiring constantly, that has now mostly gone away.

I have a mate that has been offering to anodize it black for me, tempting....

DiverSaNT

Hello guys,
Unfortunatly recently I fell on my 2011 yamaha XJ6S. Left side fairing is destryed and also the front cowling is damaged a little bit, so probably will need to replace it aswell. Thanks god to crash bobins - they took all the hit from the fall.
The bike is running fine apart that now it became Naked after I stripped all the damaged plastic off from it and it became REALLY windy @150km/hr without it! :)))

So now I'm looking to fix the fairing back.
the question is the same as in the topic - does it worth ordering the fairing from FZ6-R and did anyone try to fit it on Diversion?