Importing an XJ6? Possible?

Muddog7998

Yamaha Motor Canada :: Products :: Motorcycles and Scooters :: Sport :: 2014 FZ6R

"Compact 4 into 2 into 1 "midship" style exhaust system features a 3-way catalytic converter which reduces harmful exhaust emissions (CO, HC, CO2 and NOx). The result is very clean running engine that easily surpasses strict EPA and EU European emission standards"

What all would I need to be able to get the bike registered in the states? I know the link is from the Canadian Yamaha site, but it does clearly say it would pass emissions for both US and EU. I haven't found the same statement from other sites, but I'm assuming that it would be the same for the XJ6 in Italy. Being in the military, shipping it back to the states will not be a problem. It can easily go with my household goods for free.

I have seen many different statements saying I would have to do this, or that, or this and that, however I haven't seen any definitive answers. I just want to know how hard it would be to be able to register it and be able to ride it. I'm assuming not much would have to be changed, but that is me just being hopeful...

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member