Im alive !!

W

whatever

well i made to the shop with just the rear brake..... i was not worried about having a accident because i was planning on going real slow..... like where a bicycle would ride say.

anyway the guy at the shop looked it over for about 6 mins and then figure it out.

the guy at the shop noticed i installed the front refecters brackets backwards and they were hitting the calipers alittle.

brake was alittle spongy until he turned them around for me.

with all the motorcycles i owned this was the most drama and stress i ever had with bikes.

on the way there i was surpised how well i had fixed the steering .... lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Spunky99

That's why I tossed those reflectors into the "useless" box of parts that will never go back on my bike.

W

whatever

well just so you guys know the route i traveled i was passed by 3 cars in the 2 mile trip..... my goal was to keep my hand on the thottle and never move for any reason...... i did thing about towing the bike but only for short time.

main thing i was worried about not have any thing come loose and get caught in the disc/caliper etc. all clips were very tight
so there was no need to remove any.

but i knew before i left that the caliper was mounted securley to the fork and was not a free riding caliper and if i stayed away

from the front brake all should go well.

anyway the important thing is i made and the bike is fixed.... my luck changed alittle thank god.

deal about replacing the pads is you have to put the front one in first and then the back one.... so when i was installing the pads i was probable putting in the back one 1st which was blocking room on the track for the front one to slide over.

i just watched a little because at this point i was willing to just pay and have the bike done with.

please don't try this at home/ experince riders only. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Detrich

Great to hear it's all fixed. :)

MikeN02

Yeah... any bike that I have I take off the front wheel reflectors..

Also did they charge you? And how much?

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Glad to hear this but I still think you're crazy! :D

A great habit to get into when fixing your bike? Take digital pics all along the way so you can go back and reference how things are assembled. ;)

W

whatever

I have no camera for pics i just have web tv,,,,,they said 10 dollars but i gave the guy 20....i had to return after 30 mins because the brake lever was a little spongy from the work i did and having the front reflecters on backwards......

so they bleed the brakes and he turned both reflecters brackets around and the brake works very well now.

i asked the guy if i owe him any more money and he said no your good.... but i knew this guys from back in the day....... boss men said your the one that had the r1 where the guy drove it to califorina from ny and i said yes that was my bike.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

W

whatever

back brake...... drove slow !!

today on the way home from work took the long way home..... can not believe how straight the steering is.

feels nice that was a pita for like 2500 miles.

Thank you Woodcraft front triple tree stand.