Ideas for yellow 6r mods wanted

Harda toenail

Sold my 05 fz1 a few weeks ago and just grabbed me a yellow fz6r. Bone stock, completely flawless. Just wondering some cheap, simple mods to make her look good, sound good, and run good. Current plans are 12v outlet, wheel tape, and adjusting the seat and handlebars to my liking. So if you guys know of anything else cheap and easy to do, let me know. I'm somewhat handy with painting and disassembly. Thanks and glad to now be part of a good community

CrazyCawi

Sold my 05 fz1 a few weeks ago and just grabbed me a yellow fz6r. Bone stock, completely flawless. Just wondering some cheap, simple mods to make her look good, sound good, and run good. Current plans are 12v outlet, wheel tape, and adjusting the seat and handlebars to my liking. So if you guys know of anything else cheap and easy to do, let me know. I'm somewhat handy with painting and disassembly. Thanks and glad to now be part of a good community
Welcome aboard toenail! Glad to have you a part of our community! The search section will be of great help for you, in finding everything your looking for. One thing you will come to know is there are alot of crafty and resourceful people here! Due to the lack of excessive amounts of aftermarket for our bikes we keep a close watch on all mods/concepts/ and so on.

mod section of Fz6r forum

tractorboy

Its all a matter of choice but I did the following in my yellow and really like it.

Blacked out the windscreen....
Got Yamaha Stickers in Yellow to go on rims......
Ordered the yamaha 50th anniversary moto GP graphics from LG1 designs. ( even though they STILL have not shipped)

I will have to show pic of yellow rim stickers.

CrazyCawi

I want to get an angry hornet decal to put on the bike and run with that theme kind of like the "rumble bee" themes....

JSP

Super Moderator
This is what I did to mine cosmetically when I had it...

Remove decals = $free
Cut down windscreen = $free
Take off mirrors = $free
Add bar end mirror (ebay) =$20 ish

Flush mount turn signals are fairly cheap. Fender eliminator as well.

CrazyCawi

jspan, whats the benefit of the cut wind screen? I never saw anyone trim it only bigger...just asking out of curiousity!

CDN6R

This is what I did to mine cosmetically when I had it...

Remove decals = $free
Cut down windscreen = $free
Take off mirrors = $free
Add bar end mirror (ebay) =$20 ish

Flush mount turn signals are fairly cheap. Fender eliminator as well.
Jay,,, Do you ever miss her?:( She looks so nice by the horses.

JSP

Super Moderator
jspan, whats the benefit of the cut wind screen? I never saw anyone trim it only bigger...just asking out of curiousity!

More sporty looking and it actually stops the bad wind buffeting at higher speeds. You can test it by taking off your windscreen completely and riding like that. The stock screen just whipped my head all around the place. I did not want to go bigger as I wanted the sportier look so I cut it and LOVED it. You get hit with a lot more air in the chest but it is "clean" air. No vortex suction air.

JSP

Super Moderator
Jay,,, Do you ever miss her?:( She looks so nice by the horses.
I sure do miss her... LOTS at times. I love the R6, but the FZ6R is an absolute great all around bike. Tons more comfy too! She was a blast.

CrazyCawi

Im usually tucked on the bike anyways so I wonder if Id like this mod, I might cut it and get the puig race shield so I have both options ;)

JSP

Super Moderator
Im usually tucked on the bike anyways so I wonder if Id like this mod, I might cut it and get the puig race shield so I have both options ;)
I did have a spare just in case :D. Just take it off and ride 60+mph and see if you like the way it feels before ya hack it. :thumbup:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

tractorboy

I want to get an angry hornet decal to put on the bike and run with that theme kind of like the "rumble bee" themes....
ohhh a rumble bee....yeah!! :steve: