I will ride it out!

6R Blackout

Well guys just throwing it out there, I am gonna stay put for Isaac. Got the generator, 15gallons of gas, water, food, batteries, etc. Truck full of gas, bike in the garage full of gas. If I loose power for a long period of time I have enough gas to last me about 10 days for the generator. Even if I have to siphen it out of the truck and bike.

This ain't my first rodeo living down here in New Orleans. I have weathered worse, but wish me luck, cause to be honest it is never fun!

I will try to post during and after if I can or when we get power and communications back. Haven't lost power and communication yet but the
weather is slowly taking a turn for the worst!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 6R Blacout

Rhinotjv

Good luck stay safe!

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

hey man i gotta spare room, throw the bike in the truck and head on over.... ;)

hope it peters out and isn't much when it hits! stay safe

6R Blackout

Thanks for all the kind words, this forum really is great and a family!

I hope it does fizzle out but its projected to be about 100mph winds when it gets to me.

There are a couple trees I hope it does take down for me LOL!

z21-i

Well guys just throwing it out there, I am gonna stay put for Isaac. Got the generator, 15gallons of gas, water, food, batteries, etc. Truck full of gas, bike in the garage full of gas. If I loose power for a long period of time I have enough gas to last me about 10 days for the generator. Even if I have to siphen it out of the truck and bike.

This ain't my first rodeo living down here in New Orleans. I have weathered worse, but wish me luck, cause to be honest it is never fun!

I will try to post during and after if I can or when we get power and communications back. Haven't lost power and communication yet but the
weather is slowly taking a turn for the worst!

Hey man I just sent you an email. I am staying too ! Gave my generator a test run yesterday, did a few things around the house this evening, 20+ gallons of gas and then my boat is full if things get desperate. Good luck and let me know if you need any help with anything after this thing passes.

By the way I hate fcking hurricanes !! Cant wait for the season to be over.

DakinechicK

My parents are staying too. :rolleyes:

HELLO! You are living in a city built below sea level, hurricanes that hit there are of course going to be bad! -that's what I tell them anyway in trying to get them to move here to CO. :eek:

All joking aside,
I'm hoping (as I'm sure you are) for the best and that it turns into a tropical storm when it hits land so it's not as bad. Prayers are with you all!

6R Blackout

Best of luck to you man..

I can't say I've ever been in an actual hurricane, but have been in a hurricane warning before in Kentucky. That's the closest I've ever come to it and it scared the crap outta me, especially only being 14 at the time.

Even though I have grown up with storms all my 35 years you never get used to it, and it does get scary when the wind and rain get violent, not to mention the storm surge that brings water in and starts flooding everything.

6R Blackout

Good luck, and God bless. Keep your head above water.
Thanks for the kind words, I am in an area where it is higher ground so that is good.

Bad thing is the Mississippi River is about 400 yds from my front door.

HOPE THE LEVEE DOESN'T BREAK!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

6R Blackout

Wasn't too bad here in Southern Florida. We just got a $hit load of rain. I hear 12-18" in the last few days in some area. Hang tight my friend. Be ready for the worst and hope for the best!

Good luck!
The thing that worries me is Lake Ponchatrain as it is already flooding along lake shore drive and the waves are 3-5 feet high and the storm is still 180 or so miles out. It is already pushing lots of water into low lying areas.

Brock Kickass

I've been hearing concerns that because of the high pressure over the NorthEast the storm is going to stall over the SouthEast. Look out for prolonged rainfall after the storm passes, as it is predicted to stall and rain itself out instead of moving North. Good luck to you, and please keep us updated. There wil;l be lots of good-hearted people on this forum worried and waiting to hear that you're OK.

6R Blackout

Stay safe and keep us posted.....
Will do, basically waiting for the power to go out but that shouldn't happen till late tonite!

6R Blackout

I've been hearing concerns that because of the high pressure over the NorthEast the storm is going to stall over the SouthEast. Look out for prolonged rainfall after the storm passes, as it is predicted to stall and rain itself out instead of moving North. Good luck to you, and please keep us updated. There wil;l be lots of good-hearted people on this forum worried and waiting to hear that you're OK.

I am located on higher ground but I may be stuck due to water everywhere else. I do have a full size truck and it sits somewhat high but that doesn't mean much. I am keeping my eyes and ears on news reports just about all day!

6R Blackout

I do want to thank everyone on here for your thoughts concerns and kind words. You all are really a great group here on the forum. Thank you all!