I want a dirt bike

bleedinblue

Elite Member

djf18374

I got the itch this spring as well. I am looking at one tonight (YZ250F) and am probably going to end up buying it. It has been 10 years since I threw a leg over a dirt bike, so this should be fun!

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

RoadTrip

Congrats!

I still think about getting one of these:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W0BEYGh3C8]Yamaha TW200: World's Awesomest Motorcycle? - YouTube[/ame]

I am getting a little old to be getting too radical off road, so this would prolly suit me - the KTM is pretty expensive.

Riccochet

My 03 CR125 custom. Rebuilt it a couple years ago. Stripped to frame, polished frame, replaced all bushings, new chain, rollers, guides, plastics, boysen carbon fiber rad reed valve, full polished FMF exhaust. Worked with Eric Gorr and a local machine shop to bore the cylinder for his 144cc big bore kit. Not available for that bike, but we made it work. Race jetted for 110 race fuel. To put it lightly, this bike rips $H*T. Can blow past 250 4 strokes all day long. I've owned the bike since new and it was in need a complete overhaul at the time. So, this is the result of an entire winter worth of work.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEAOSvkfBjI]03 CR125 - YouTube[/ame]

You can find 02-04 125's for $1000-1500. Well worth the investment. A light bike with tons of top end power and easy to work on.

Last edited:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

latony007

Yea I saw that t200 at the dealer and it is sure a nice bike but I decided to go w a true dune ready dirt bike as awesome as dual sport sounds I could not settle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Congrats, dude you are a spending machine. You make me look good. Im gonna tell my wife all about you, look honey he spends more than i do im not that bad ;)

I am going to pull up a list of all the threads where JT says he is not going to spend any more money LOL

I would like to putt around on one for fun as thats how i learned to ride but think my back would not appreciate dirt riding anymore and id probably wind up killing myself. Maybe ill ride JTs when i get up that way!

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member