I told my son he could have a bike....

BoneJj

I know done people don't like the idea but I know I'd feel a lot better with a GPS tracker on board. Get him a spot or something similar so you can use the threat of not being able to ride if he goes over the speed limit(within reason) or goes else where he shouldn't.

And if god forbid he gets in a crash he can use the sos feature on the spot. There are other brands out there so do your own research but I think it'll be a way to give you peace of mind and force safe habits on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've often thought about getting a Spot for myself for when I'm about and about and when I go on my camping trips. But I tend to be in cell range in most situations so I have always decided against it as I have my cell phone on me at all times and I also carry a backup battery as well to recharge my cell phone and other devices when not near my bike or car.

Griff88

When I was younger a lot of my friends had motox bikes but my parents wouldn't get me one. I was out every week with my dad on his road bike but wasn't allowed one of my own. Now I'm 25 and have done my test etc and I can honestly say that when I look back I would of been a loon. There would of been a lot of peer pressure put on and I would of got hurt. By leaving it so long to do my test(not by choice) and having the pillion rides so often, I think it it has fought me a lot of lessons about wearing gear every time. Riding within my limits and not having to go hell for leather to enjoy myself. I honestly enjoy riding slower and enjoying the ride more than riding fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roundhouse

My boy did not do well on a final exam and missed getting the bike by 3 points on his math exam.

he said it was so close. i said either you make the grades or you do not. he has another chance this year.