I needed a lil more power

MikeN02

That windshield looks a tad bit too high! I like the agressive styling more, that's why I would choose an R1 over an FZ1, but that's just me.

Though there's no way in hell i'm ever going to ride a 1000cc. I'd pick an R6!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Jon is correct. The FZ1 is based off the non-cross plane R1 engine, has a different intake and cam and different gearing.

Congrats on the new FZ1! :D Did you already sign up at the sister site: FZ1-Forum.com International Yamaha FZ1 Community ? Come over and learn all the cool mods you can do, many for FREE! :D

Also, check out Home for the FZ1. Nice stuff! I just ordered the Strike seat cowl, complete blinker pod set and the medium scallop speed screen. :woot: Mine will look just like this one soon!

OMFG!! That would look bad@$$ with a couple projectors retrofitted in there!! :drool::sinister:

Funkmaxtor

Thanks for correcting me. I do like the FZ1 however if I make the jump to a liter bike Im going to either go with an R1 or CBR1000RR.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

fz6rwolf

Congrats, sexy looking bike. Looks like FZ8 coming soon, looks good but need to wait couple years, 105hp quite a step up from what the FZ6R is.

Last edited:

N2OEQIP

I did a few power to wieght ratio math

fz1 = .31hp per lb

R6= .32hp per lb

the diffrence between an r1 and an fz1 are indeed worlds apart both in power and price.

JonKerr

Elite Member

neshi

I have a feeling when it's time for me to step up to a liter bike (if that ever becomes financially possible) I'll be getting an FZ1. I'd love to get an R1 or even more of a dream bike the Aprilia RSV4 Factory, but there's just no way my neck and back would be able to handle the riding position.
I seconded that motion a friend and I swapped bikes on the way home today and 2 miles in i pulled over and said i want my bike back!

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Thanks for correcting me. I do like the FZ1 however if I make the jump to a liter bike Im going to either go with an R1 or CBR1000RR.
Trust me, if I wasn't a 25 yr old mind in a 45 yr old body, I'd be on an R1 without a doubt! But, due to ergonomics of riding, I'm unable to and the FZ1 offers most of what the R1 would have but with more comfortable (Grampy???) seating? :p :D

That new screen is not tall at all... the long version is quite a bit taller. The short version barely covers the instruments. This one is just about 3" taller than the top of the instruments. BTW, his screens are not translucent because they are solid fiberglass thus opaque. :D

I really like the blinker pods he's designed as well. Looks like they should have been there from the factory!