I looked at the bike

Fz6r 2007

https://greenbay.craigslist.org/mcy/5197812424.html
I looked at it and the guy did not have insurance on the bike so i could not test drive it. He just put some on today and i'm going to test drive it Saturday. The front tire looked funny. If you look at the bike from the front the all the was through the center of the front tire was a little bulge It did not look like normal wear. I called a motorcycle shop and they said that it could be low pressure. Could it be anything else? also i started it and revved it a little to about 5-6k Rpms and when it winds down it seems like it was going below idea rpm. I don't know if that was normal. It was cold. The engine heat was only 118 degrees. Also there was only about 1/8 inch of brake pad left on front brakes. So with new tires and new brake pads is it still worth 3,500? The Bike overall looked very good never been laid down very minimum wear on bike.

SynysterCT

I picked up a very similar bike 2 months ago. 2009, blue, 7200 miles, etc. The seller was asking $3,600. It needed new tires as well and a few other minor things. I was able to talk him down to $3,300 and I couldn't be happier.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Fz6r 2007

I dont think im going to go look at it Saturday because i called some local shops and they said to not drive it with that bulge in the tire like that. I don't want to take a chance riding it or buying it without riding it. one shop said i can run it very slow but i would like to run it though all the gears.

Fz6r 2007

I dont think im going to go look at it Saturday because i called some local shops and they said to not drive it with that bulge in the tire like that. I don't want to take a chance riding it or buying it without riding it. one shop said i can run it very slow but i would like to run it though all the gears.

lizardsbba

I wouldn't ride it with a bulge in the tire either, usually a bulge in the tire is from the chords inside the tire separating from the tread. This can occur with age or from hitting a pothole, it's not unheard of but I still consider it a severe safety issue. I won't drive a car with a bulged tire either. Tell him what's going on with the front tire and your concerns and see if you can get him to replace it, point out that your motivated to buy but need to ride it first.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

mcoulter

Just do it!

Hi,

I bought my 2009 FZ6R a little more than three weeks ago and couldn't be happier! It had just under 8k miles and needed a back tire. Had that replaced, got it inspected and it's been great!

Like I said in the subject line, JUST DO IT!

anson650

It is listed at $3500. You are expected to make an offer. I'm sure he would be glad to take $3250. It needs tires and brake pads, no big deal, they are wear items, and that can work in your favor. " i don't want to low ball you, but I don't want to spend $xxx on tires so soon. Would you take $3xxx?"
But first decide if you want the bike. There are other out there.
Good luck,
Anson