I just got smoked!!

Mart Man FZ6R

I didn't take any pic from the side. The shield is lower, but the extra bubble sits it a little further forward so the air stream is affected up at a steeper angle to divert air over your head.

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

kevcoop

I like the look of the full tint, not the look with the grey strip tint in the link.

Any other place to get the full tint version?

Mart Man FZ6R

I like the look of the full tint, not the look with the grey strip tint in the link.

It's a Yamaha part from the parts catalog. Puig probably has on for our bikes as well (I know they did for the FZ6). Have no idea of the cost. I went with the Yamaha because I liked the FZ6R thats at the base of the shield.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Pidge

It was a marked difference in air flow. I rode to the dealer, swapped it right there and rode back (about 25k each way)... the ride back was by far more enjoyable because I wasn't being caught in the chest/neck with gusts of wind. You can typically pick up the shield on ebay for 20-30% less if you keep an eye out for it.

Looks great too - there was a guy there w/ a Kawi zx-6r that I was talking to while changing shields and he was losing his mind over how good the bike looked w/ the double bubble smoked shield. I've added flush mounted turn signals and an integrated tail light - 3 mods and it's a totally different looking bike and I've only dumped about $350 into it.

It's so worth it.
I would love to see some pics of the turn signals, a friend of mine is suggesting that I get them but I haven't seen what they look like.

2w05thletes

That's not actually a grey strip. It's the camera refracting the light back at a different angle. It's smoked through and through, no grey strip. Hope that clears it up! :D

uflbronco

Two questions.
Can you still see through the screen when tucked?
Does anyone know if the stock screen or the clear bubble can be dyed?

Mart Man FZ6R

Two questions.
I don't know if you can see thorugh it tucked. I'm to fat to get that low? :iconbeer:

Roaddawg

Two questions.
You can paint it like many here have done. If you look it up in the search, you'll find pics and discussions about this.