I just got smoked!!

Mart Man FZ6R

FZ6R Windscreen that is. This is my first real mod since the sticker removal isn't really a mod. And for the guys and gals that don't think a thread is worthwhile without pic, here ya go. I got the Dark Smoke double bubble from Yamaha. It was a little pricer than I expected, but I had a $25.00 off of any $50.00 and up purchase, so I decided to take advantage of it.
New Screen:

Before:

After:

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

Mart Man FZ6R

That looks GREAT!! My bike is blue and you got me thinking about it. It really makes a difference!!
I'm hoping this cures on of the issues I've had. When riding I would get a large shadow over my speedo and couldn't really see my speed. It was coming from the bubbled lip on the stock shield. The new screen doesn't have a lip on it this may no longer be a problem.

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

bmw675

where did you get it?

MikeN02

I'm hoping this cures on of the issues I've had. When riding I would get a large shadow over my speedo and couldn't really see my speed. It was coming from the bubbled lip on the stock shield. The new screen doesn't have a lip on it this may no longer be a problem.
Doesn't matter cause you're hauling ass on a TYB FZ6R anywho!

Spunky99

I guess you don't use one of those gas cap camera mounts that look through the windshield......
:D

Mart Man FZ6R

where did you get it?
I bought it from the dealer I got the bike from, Malott's Honday Yamaha. They ordered it for me and I got it in a week. The price was about $112.00, but I had a $25.00 off coupon so with tax it was $97.00

I guess you don't use one of those gas cap camera mounts that look through the windshield......
:D
Nope, no camera mount.

Roaddawg

I bought it from the dealer I got the bike from, Malott's Honday Yamaha. They ordered it for me and I got it in a week. The price was about $112.00, but I had a $25.00 off coupon so with tax it was $97.00
$112!! I think that dealer smoked you on the price! MSRP is $99. Stadium Yamaha, were many of us have bought these online, sells them for $78 tinted and $55 clear.

2009 Yamaha FZ6R Windshields at Stadium Yamaha

Last edited:

Mart Man FZ6R

$112!! I think that dealer smoked you on the price! MSRP is $99. Stadium Yamaha, were many of us have bought these online, sells them for $78 tinted and $55 clear.

2009 Yamaha FZ6R Windshields at Stadium Yamaha
Guess I should have checked with the community before buying. I figured the price would be the same at any Yamaha dealership. I'll know better next time.

ry-mac75

HUGE difference

I'm a 6 footer and was getting knocked around by the wind something awful... I got the double bubble this weekend too - major difference. So much more fun to ride on the highways now.

tractorboy

Tinted is COOL and Awsome looking regardless of the color bike !!

NICE.....I need to do that VS painting mine... maybe the double bubble will help the "helmet Lift off Feeling" I sometimes get if wind and speed is right.

wtgrant87

I'm a 6 footer and was getting knocked around by the wind something awful... I got the double bubble this weekend too - major difference. So much more fun to ride on the highways now.
I am also a 6 footer. I might have to get one of these because I get blown all over the place on the highway. So is it worth the money? I don't have much money for accessories so I have to make sure what I get will be the best investment.

ry-mac75

TOTALLY worth it...

It was a marked difference in air flow. I rode to the dealer, swapped it right there and rode back (about 25k each way)... the ride back was by far more enjoyable because I wasn't being caught in the chest/neck with gusts of wind. You can typically pick up the shield on ebay for 20-30% less if you keep an eye out for it.

Looks great too - there was a guy there w/ a Kawi zx-6r that I was talking to while changing shields and he was losing his mind over how good the bike looked w/ the double bubble smoked shield. I've added flush mounted turn signals and an integrated tail light - 3 mods and it's a totally different looking bike and I've only dumped about $350 into it.

It's so worth it.

wtgrant87

It was a marked difference in air flow. I rode to the dealer, swapped it right there and rode back (about 25k each way)... the ride back was by far more enjoyable because I wasn't being caught in the chest/neck with gusts of wind. You can typically pick up the shield on ebay for 20-30% less if you keep an eye out for it.

Looks great too - there was a guy there w/ a Kawi zx-6r that I was talking to while changing shields and he was losing his mind over how good the bike looked w/ the double bubble smoked shield. I've added flush mounted turn signals and an integrated tail light - 3 mods and it's a totally different looking bike and I've only dumped about $350 into it.

It's so worth it.
Thanks. I will definitely look into getting one soon.

locwan

Got some side profile comparison by any chance?

FZ6R Windscreen that is. This is my first real mod since the sticker removal isn't really a mod. And for the guys and gals that don't think a thread is worthwhile without pic, here ya go. I got the Dark Smoke double bubble from Yamaha. It was a little pricer than I expected, but I had a $25.00 off of any $50.00 and up purchase, so I decided to take advantage of it.
New Screen:

Before:

After: