I hate bugs.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Deathdiesel

Yep, i agree. I live with big field grasshoppers around here, got hit in the throat the other day going 40mph by one, that hurt. Rode through a swarm of nats the other day, dunno why but they were the hardest nats ive ever hit. Stung quite a bit.

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Kayo7

arefz6r

Had a bee hit me between the helment and sunglasses ear piece. Took the hit OK but the sting in the temple called for a pull over and do a dance.

JSP

Super Moderator
yeah... not looking forward to this event... think I'll park the bike when these things come out again...

I remember when we were still there that those came out. Craziest thing I have ever seen. Something apocalyptic. Could not take a step without crushing 10 of them. EVERYWHERE. :eek: Remember all the people that pan fried those suckers and ate them... haha. And the dogs all getting sick from eating so many.

06330i

Come to Michigan during fishfly season, its absolutely horrible. They literally get so bad that when they pile up on the road they're as bad as ice. So nasty.

Attachments

Invader Jim

My face shield was so badly mucked up one night a few years ago that the last few miles I rode with my head turned ~20 degrees to one side because dead ahead was too blurry. Since that time I always make sure I have some water and a couple of paper towels with me to clean the face-shield.

BKP

Eyeglass spray (from CVS -- doesn't hurt coated shields), and microfiber towels are standard in my tank bag -- nothing like a nice juicy splatttt directly in the middle of the shield, on a twisty mountain road --

BoneJj

on one of the days where I decided to go the "track" I was hauling ass at a good 120mph and next thing I knew I was in a storm of insects and took a massive dragon fly to the right shoulder.

Felt like getting beaned with a rock out of a sling shot, really sucked a big one... I didn't realize just how bad it was going to be until I pulled up to my stop and took my helmet off.

It was actually 2 dragon flys that hit in the same spot at the same time (there were 2 head sticking out of the mesh of me jacket). what a mess that was all over my jacket, luckily it was a little bit of a cool day out and I had the waterproof liner in to keep me a little warmer but yeah the jacket got broken down later that day and tossed in the wash.

I typically like to wash my jacket once every month, just toss it in the wash on the more gentle cycle possible and for only a short time. Then just let it hang to dry. works like a charm. Also keeps it smelling good as well...

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member