I had to give away my dogs...

MikeN02

I had to give away my dogs as we're moving and the new place doesn't allow pets...
My puppy which we've had for 3 months, Maltese Yorkie. He knew what was going on when I took the cage down, put him in the car and he just sat there next to me in the passenger seat looking at me and looking around. Didn't move around, I was petting him then he laid his head on my arm.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

husker525

I am so sorry. Giving pets away, or even putting them down is equally as hard. Animals are very intuitive, which makes it worse. I am sure that you provided him with the best home that you could.

MikeN02

Yeah, I felt really down. Like a part of me is missing, didn't help that the radio was playing sad songs on the way home either!

I'm not sure if my sister is giving away our other dog but they grew to like each other.

I know that he'll go to a good home, it's my sister's friend.

Detrich

aww that totally sucks... can't u guys negotiate with the landlord and pay extra security deposit for the dogs? :(

Sage

Thats never fun. I haven't had to give any away but I have had to have a few pets put down and I feel for you on the empty feeling..

JSP

Super Moderator
Are you being forced to move and dont have any time to look at other places that accept animals?

My dog is like my kid... if they dont accept animals, no way I'm moving there. I wouldnt give away a kid because they dont accept kids. ;) Again, dont know the situation, sucks either way...

MikeN02

yeah we had to move on short notice. But i'm not sure if I want to continue living with my sister at this point, a lot of things need to be worked out.

Detrich

What did your sister do that got all of u guys evicted? <lol> j/k xP

What happened?

We currently have 4 dogs. Only adopted 1 of those 4. The other 3 were stray puppies that we just acumulated over time. Each time another puppy shows up, we always decide to take them to the pound. But then the ride over there, and them looking at us with the 'puppy dog eyes' makes us turn around and end up keeping them.

So we know the feeling, but just too weak to actually give them up lol.

Now we have a 6yo Border Collie, a 4yo Greyhound mix that reminds us of Santa's Little Helper from the simpsons (both looks and brains), a 2yo Rott mix, and now a 5 month old Pitbull. We are pet hoarders...lmao

My wife would probably die if we 'had' to give them up. They get more love from her then our kids sometimes. jk

MikeN02

Yeah but the thing is my sister made ME give them to the new owners, she wasn't there to see the puppy dog eyes as I was driving him...