Super Moderator
Congrats! New oil does wonders for the shifting :D

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Sparkxx1

Yes, I know:(

But still, its done now:D

I was suprised how much faster the bike seemed and how much smoother it shifted.

I waited until I got my center stand so that I could do it myself. Ive never changed oil in a car much less a motorcycle.
Even without a center stand it could have been done pretty easily. Try not to skimp on motorcycle maintenance. I know delaying your oil change isn't too bad...if it were the 2nd one. But the first oil change is very important. All the metal shaving in your engine have accumulated and are slowly wearing down your engine faster then usual. Remember some people actually like to change it 2-3 times before the actual 600 miles. I would have to, but don't have the money to go through it right now. I'm about 80 miles off my 600 and I'm going to buy the oil after my finals on Tuesday.

I can't wait to see the difference! I'm still debating which oil to go with ahaha!

Last edited:

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Roaddawg

Yes, I know:(

But still, its done now:D

I was suprised how much faster the bike seemed and how much smoother it shifted.

I waited until I got my center stand so that I could do it myself. Ive never changed oil in a car much less a motorcycle.
You don't need to use a center stand to do it. Actually, its better to do it on the kick stand. That way you can drain all the oil and crap out.