I am sorry guys

MikeN02

Sorry guys and gals.... I'm pulling out of the touring game early and entering my racing game... I traded my fz6r in for an r6

ksanbon

MikeNO2,

Congratulations!
No surprise here. I figured it was only a matter of time.

Thanks for all your input here. Hopefully you'll keep contributuing.
Keep us posted.

Keith

husker525

I wish you luck in your new racing career!! Maybe we will see the new Jason Disalvo under the name of Mike N02!

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Accident

well ive only owned the fz6r for a week and already consider it a gateway drug
so i'm sure when i total this im going to go the same route

JSP

Super Moderator
Sweeet! I love my R6... it is an amazing machine! :D

So you buy new? Year? Color? Come on man!!! :cool:

I have also learned to sit closer to the tank if I want a more upright position. I can sit very comfortable up closer to the tank and I am pretty upright.

MikeN02

Sweeet! I love my R6... it is an amazing machine! :D

So you buy new? Year? Color? Come on man!!! :cool:

I have also learned to sit closer to the tank if I want a more upright position. I can sit very comfortable up closer to the tank and I am pretty upright.
I kept riding my friend's R6 as I mentioned in the other thread and more and more I loved it.

I bought it used, when I tried to buy it new I couldn't because my co signer just bought a brand new R1 and so I couldn't extend my credit limit.

First thing I thought for another bike is that I want it black, then they didn't have any new black ones so I decided the orange. But I couldn't get new so I looked at some used and settled on a 2007 Raven R6. With only 3,100 miles on it for 6,700.

Traded my FZ6-R in with 7,550 miles for 5,500... pretty sweet deal there.

Of course I'll stick around but I won't be as active as before, I'll leave all the use the search button threads to roaddawg, jonkerr and the like.

rjsantana20

Well congrats on the upgrade and be careful. Thanks for all the tips of the trade you extended to me and everyone else in the forum. I will probably be trading up next year.

JSP

Super Moderator
I kept riding my friend's R6 as I mentioned in the other thread and more and more I loved it.

I bought it used, when I tried to buy it new I couldn't because my co signer just bought a brand new R1 and so I couldn't extend my credit limit.

First thing I thought for another bike is that I want it black, then they didn't have any new black ones so I decided the orange. But I couldn't get new so I looked at some used and settled on a 2007 Raven R6. With only 3,100 miles on it for 6,700.

Traded my FZ6-R in with 7,550 miles for 5,500... pretty sweet deal there.

Of course I'll stick around but I won't be as active as before, I'll leave all the use the search button threads to roaddawg, jonkerr and the like.

Very cool! Thats a good deal too. Post up pics when ya can! R6's are sexy as hell.

Rat

MikeN02, congratulations!
Keep us updated with your riding adventures!

What was impression from R6 riding position, how do you feel when you riding on the street?
I many times tried to sit on R1/R6 and have found that probably it would be tough for me to ride like that.

Last edited:

MikeN02

MikeN02, congratulations!
Keep us updated with your riding adventures!

What was impression from R6 riding position, how do you feel when you riding on the street?
I many times tried to sit on R1/R6 and have found that probably it would be tough for me to ride like that.
First off pictures as mentioned. I wanted to actually sleep in the garage because I didn't install my alarm on it yet. I'm waiting for tuesday when I get my lowering links in so I can actually ride! Right now it's about 33.5 seat height and the tail is really really HIGH! I'm probably going to lower it 3 inches.

The seating position as mentioned, if you sit close to the tank it's more of an upright position, but if you seat far back it's a super sport position as your chest is basically on the tank and you have to support yourself with your arms if you don't lay on the tank. I haven't actually taken it out yet but I rode on my friend's R6 and it feels great, great acceleration and I love the super sport style when looking at myself in the reflection of building mirrors. :D

JSP

Super Moderator
Nice! Looks familiar ;) They havent changed much the last few years. Why fix something that ain't broken? Love it.

Many people complain about the R6 low end power. But I actually like the lack of low end. It makes it very streetable. It feels almost just like the FZ6R power wise, below 8k. This makes it easy to ride through town. This thing sings like an angel at 14k-16k rpm though! Crazy acceleration when you get up there! Its scary fast.

I plan on doing the free track day thing hopefully this next month. Since it was new I still got the $350 track day credit. Hopefully I can get out and do it. Not sure where the closest track is out here.

Detrich

AUUUUUGHH!!!! Congrats Mike! :) You beat us all to the upgrade...

Let us know how it goes. I plan on adding an R6 to my garage eventually. But, I'll more than likely keep the 6R...

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MikeN02

I dropped the front about 2 inches and the rear 3. It's super fast and I don't really have a problem with it (still on my tippy toes but atleast I can touch the ground) but I really have to be careful with speed bumps. There's only about an inch or an inch and a half of clearance and that's with the stiffened shock.

ry-mac75

How do you find the seating position? I tried out a CBR 600RR and absolutely hated it... but I heard the R6 was even MORE aggressive than the CBR... I'm a 6 footer though and the supersports are somewhat problematic for me.

MikeN02

How do you find the seating position? I tried out a CBR 600RR and absolutely hated it... but I heard the R6 was even MORE aggressive than the CBR... I'm a 6 footer though and the supersports are somewhat problematic for me.
If I sit really close to the tank then it's an upright position, just that the bars are lower. if I sit further back and use the seat to the fullest then I'm basically laying on the tank.