I am most sure we pay too much for insurance!

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

jearnshaw

Well I just changed my oil this afternoon and used the Yamalube 15w-50 full synthetic, I was using the Shell Rotella 5w-40 full synthetic and so far so good the bike feels better and shifting is alot better as well.

Have to wait til tonight on my way home to put the bike through its paces to see a real difference.

mdgreene2001

Well I just changed my oil this afternoon and used the Yamalube 15w-50 full synthetic, I was using the Shell Rotella 5w-40 full synthetic and so far so good the bike feels better and shifting is alot better as well.

Have to wait til tonight on my way home to put the bike through its paces to see a real difference.
i been running that since 600 miles and it runs good.

mdgreene2001

Well I am about to toss in the towl and trade my 6r in. I do love the bike but I am getting tired of a false neutral inbetween 2nd and 3rd and on occaison it will jump from 2nd to neutral on accelaration.

But back on to the insurance though... for full coverage with a $1k deductable I am paying almost $1200 a year. And I am thinking of tradding in for a Triumph Street Triple R and with a $500 deductable I was quoted $740 a year.

So how is it a faster bike has cheaper insurance. I think Yamaha needs to change the status on our bikes
I been having the 2nd to neutral issue and I have found its me not shifting all the way into second, I adjusted the shifter and it helps but I think the shifter leaver is too long, if it were shorter you wouldnt have to move it as far to shift. probably going to change the rear sets or move the linkage mount on the shifter leaver to make shifts shorter...

JSP

Super Moderator
I been having the 2nd to neutral issue and I have found its me not shifting all the way into second, I adjusted the shifter and it helps but I think the shifter leaver is too long, if it were shorter you wouldnt have to move it as far to shift. probably going to change the rear sets or move the linkage mount on the shifter leaver to make shifts shorter...

That was my issue. When I first had mine, I would constantly pop out of second at high RPM and into N. Once I learned to stop pussy footing it, it stopped happening. Nice firm shifts.

mdgreene2001

That was my issue. When I first had mine, I would constantly pop out of second at high RPM and into N. Once I learned to stop pussy footing it, it stopped happening. Nice firm shifts.
my only problem is im 6'2" and i have the shift linkage adjusted alot form stock and it still is hard for me to shift because my ankle doesnt allow my foot to move that far. I wish the rubber shift peg could be moved back towards the foot peg so i didnt have to move it as far... I may just cut it off and weld a knurled rod to it and repaint until i can afford the 3.5 rear sets from valter moto

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member