How/why Did You Learn to ride & get you're license?

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

RoadTrip

The 'Ninja' came out when I was in high school, man I thought that bike was cool, even had a poster of one in my college dorm. Well, it took 20yrs, but I finally got a sportbike - turns out riding is exactly as I imagined and hoped it would be.

pgyammy

Very similar story to Anthony's. I had a bit of a mid-life crisis at 40 and bought an FZ6R as my first bike haven never ridden before. I took an MSF course which allowed me to ride on my own with a few restrictions. A few months later I took the road test and passed. I now have 3 riding seasons under my belt.

JonKerr

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

24KMACH

My first motorcycle was a new 1960 Yamaha YD2. That's my Mom sitting on it. I taught myself. There was no motorcycle license then. I took my driving test in my folks 1954 Chevy. Yes, I have been riding for awhile.:D

Last edited:

buzzbomb

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

24KMACH

I know what that access panel on the side is for: That's where the coal goes in to fire the steam engine! :D
No, that's where the can of oil goes that you have to have when you stop at a gas station. No auto lube on the 2 stroke YD2. You pour the oil in the tank then add about a gallon of gas and shake the hell out of the bike then fill the tank and shake it again. It was fun to see people looking at you like you lost your mind. :zombie:

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member